re; gas in methanol engine

Old 03-31-2008, 05:27 PM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Default re; gas in methanol engine

I didn*t make my question very clear. On various threads, I have seen references to running gasoline in a engine set up to run methanol. I realize that with the proper A/F it will run. But a methanol set up, whether carb, or F/I would be way rich for gasoline wouldn*t it? Can you just pour gas in the methanol fuel tank, and start the engine? in other words will the engine run on gas at a methanol A/F ratio? I hope this makes sense.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:47 PM
jmtire
JOURNEYMAN

Default methonal

gas in a methonal engine--- if you run threw a inj or carb is a way to rich!!!! it would foul your plugs. A spray bar might work better but what a pain in the--- you'd have to carry gas and methonal. I've got three dragsters setup with Enderle's systems, we just pull the main line and plugs spray with WD-40, the unused methonal is left in the tank and used for warmups at the track. Methonal cost 4.50, to high to waste. We're thinging of going E85 105 octane, and 2.50 a gallon, I could make more passes and have more fun!!!!
Old 03-31-2008, 06:04 PM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Well, Ithought it would be way to rich to run, so i must have been misunderstanding what those other guys were saying. I was misunderestimating my ability to understand! By the way, you can get methanol in Grain Valley, missouri, for 3.51 gal. don*t know about quality, But VP says it*s their fuel, I*ve had no problem with it. THANKS

suicidebomb
Old 03-31-2008, 06:19 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Similar to JMTIRE's solution.
We have quick disconnects on the main line, we just disconnect and poor mineral spirits in the line while spinnig the motor over (ing. off) untill the mineral spirits come thru the injectors maybe 10 seonds longer. That coats the injection system and the cylinders and will last forever. In fact it's a good way to store over winter. Ready to go again the alcohol washes the mineral spirits out and fires right up. Mineral spirits is a lot cheaper than WD-40, like $6.00/$8.00 a gal. at the hardware store.

JMO

Zip.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:20 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

It'd be way rich .. jets are much bigger for alky
Old 03-31-2008, 06:24 PM
jmtire
JOURNEYMAN

S-bomb if you could get me a phone#? can they fill my barrels? thanks
Old 04-01-2008, 08:02 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

jmtire, I PMed you the info, did you get it, or do I need to do it again?