adding N/O to a 15.33 to1 engine

Old 11-05-2009, 04:24 PM
demented
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by gimmemud
In my particular engine when I go down the track with both foggers blazing, my timing is pulled down to 8 degrees. :shock:

Not trying to step on anyones toes here, just wanting to share some of the things that really matter when tuning a nitrous engine.
Thanks Randy!!!
If I keep following your posts from each forum, I'll eventually get to know all your secrets!!! :wink:
What ever it takes to win..... Right?
Old 11-06-2009, 04:21 AM
gimmemud
MASTER BUILDER

Hey, thats cheatin.......aint it.

Have you ran the new car anymore?
Old 11-06-2009, 08:37 AM
demented
JUNIOR BUILDER

Actually yeah, I ran it last weekend for a TV shoot for a national sindication. Made a good amount fo passes with the new car. Call me when you get a second and I'll fill you in. It will be awesome for the MRA!!!!

Going out this weekend to get some more seat time under my belt with the new car. Trying to get the suspension tweeked to get the most out of it before I start putting the second stage to it.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:35 AM
gimmemud
MASTER BUILDER

Mike told me all about it, cant wait to see the show. Glad to hear you are getting it worked out.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:20 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by demented
Actually yeah, I ran it last weekend for a TV shoot for a national sindication. Made a good amount fo passes with the new car. Call me when you get a second and I'll fill you in. It will be awesome for the MRA!!!!

Going out this weekend to get some more seat time under my belt with the new car. Trying to get the suspension tweeked to get the most out of it before I start putting the second stage to it.
You better steal all Randy's secrets you can and get all the seat time you can before next season.
Just wait till you get a piece of Rabbit II! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted:
I'm not playing anymore!! :wink:
Old 11-07-2009, 02:09 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

i think if you ever compared a dyno sheet of an engine before and after a Nos Hit..you will see the TQ curve is much more nasty then the increase in HP........so IMO you really can't back into your ET vs Hp gain theory on NOS...your cam grind,converter and gear ratio will play a much bigger factor in how your Car will pick up on a 150 shot more then anything....s..

Just to Give you an example...My car is 100% Set of for NOS ( Converter,gear,cam grind)

1/8TH Mile et's and Mph

On Motor- 5.84et @ 124 mph

with a 250 shot- 4.89@144 mph

see what i am speaking of...much better results then a 250hp increase advertised Nos HP pill huh ?..not the big of a shot just the way the car is Set up.

Now the Funny thing is that its only 2 tenths faster with a second stage for a total of 550 hp shot...... :P

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-07-2009, 03:10 PM
TS1955
DYNO OPERATOR

Bjuice...that's a good 1/8th mile mph for that ET. What kind of gearing do you have?

TS1955
Old 11-07-2009, 06:27 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TS1955
Bjuice...that's a good 1/8th mile mph for that ET. What kind of gearing do you have?

TS1955
3.70 gear. Tony Christian was the man that set up the running gear etc...he actually wanted to go with a 3.60 .... :roll:

After the gear and converter was installed The car was taken to Bradenton Florida in which the track was rented and Tony actually drove and tuned the car an entire weekend....

If you Know anything about Tony you Know he likes to drive them out the back door pretty hard.... 8)

the best 60Ft the car has had is 1.10..This is with 10 inch tires and 3060lbs...

here are a few Pics of Tony testing the car and a pic of His Automatic pro-mod running out the back door..

ahh heck i went ahead and thru in a few extra Pics....Mike swords owned the car before me and won two 10.5 outlaw races with the car right after Tony set the car up..this was one of the first 10.5 cars with this high of a gear..and would out Mph most of the 632ci Nos cars in the field by 3 to 4 MPH...Now today more people have caught On.....but make no bones about it you gotta have a strong Bullet for this gear and the Tight converter we run....60 ft on Motor is like a 1.38.......and goes to a 1.10 on Nos

ya think it responds to the spray ?

Old 11-07-2009, 06:42 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Not trying to hijack but Bjuice how much horsepower does that hting have?? Also what is the tire size?? I am trying to figure out how big I will be needing to go on my Stang.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:52 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

1300hp on Motor then whatever the Nos adds......tire sire is 10.5x33

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -