SAD DAY FOR A FRIEND

Old 11-12-2007, 03:27 PM
hotrod1024
MASTER BUILDER

Very sorry to hear.Prayers for you,him,and his family.So young.Tells you that you never know what could happen.Hope things get better.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:22 PM
lookingaround
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by signsbyesa
the power of prayer is strong, may he feel the lords breath and his
healing finger on him
godspeed
guys i just got back from the hospital. he is talking almost normally he walked to the bathroom on his own. wasnt a quick trip but he did it on his own. he has a hole in his heart that is what caused the stroke. they are going to put a stint i think that is how you spell it but anyway they are going to put one his heart i think tomorrow then start physical therapy.the doc said he may get to come home by this weekend. THANKS FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART FOR THE THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS. i cant wait to show him how a bunch of guys from all over that has never met us care so much and i am thankful to know each and everyone of you.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:28 PM
lookingaround
RACING JUNKIE

his name is Justin. im 37 and he is only 19 i dont hang around young kids but ive known his cousin for about 25 years. he brought justin by the garage when i started building my little blazer and justin was all excited that we messed with cars so he just started hanging around all the time. he doesnt act like a kid by know means. he has a good head on his shoulders doesnt do drugs are drink just a good clean kid that would do anything in the world to help someone especially if they were working on a car.lol.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:39 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Thank goodnes he is up and moving.
19 is too young for a stroke.

the hole in his heart, called and Atrial Septal Defect is repairable and chances are after it is repaired he will live a long and normal life.

I know from experience.

Your friend is lucky to have someone like you in his life, he is truly blessed!!!!!!

Avery,
The power of prayer, and heart felt thoughts work wonders as you have just witnessed.

Tell Justin we are still with him and will continue to be in his corner until he is home safe and sound!!!!
Old 11-12-2007, 04:39 PM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

Avery, Good luck and speedy recovery to Justin and tell him all the folks at RJ are praying for him and get well and come talk to us soon...Always great that 2 men seperated by age can come together doing a hot rod...
Old 11-12-2007, 04:46 PM
lookingaround
RACING JUNKIE

thanks again guys my little girl broke down crying when the ambulance pulled up yesterday to get him that broke my heart. he is like there big brother. when we went to the hospital tonight to see him his mom and step dad had flew in from texas and he told them that my wife was his other mom.lol he is like one of the kids
Old 11-12-2007, 05:15 PM
daddylynch
SENIOR BUILDER

Prayers really work !!!! Prayers are lifted from the Lynch Family !
Old 11-12-2007, 07:25 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Avery, i've waited to post on this thread until more was know, but i too was hoping for the best and preying it to go that way.
I know this may sound stupid, but i think it was blessing in disguise, that this happened when it did. He had lot's of support from you and your family, and the hosp. found problems that were previously unknown. I'll bet money that he will recover and be in better health than ever after the rehab. The timming if this had to happen could not have been better, thanks to your good response. You have to consider if this would have happened while he was driving down the road, you never know what could have happened.

Bottom line you and your family are heros in my eyes, and very possibly saved his life.
And yes i was preying for Justin also.

Zip.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:35 PM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

well said zip!!!!!!! sounds like a very good guy avery, sounds like he should be checking this site out
Old 11-12-2007, 07:42 PM
Priceless1
SHOW GUEST

Lookin' around, my best to your young friend! Hope he can live a long and uneventful healthy life from this point forward. Those health events are tough to deal with as I know from experience this past 66 years! Had
18" of intestines and 4" of colon removed in May and am looking forward to my second race back in my 10 second 71 RS Camaro this coming weekend at Pinks in Tucson, AZ and the big bucks race on Sunday! Get him outa that hospital and home where he can rest and enjoy life. It's really tough to get rest in one of the hospital' with all the nurses and doctors picking and probing you all the time! God's speed to him, his family and you fine folks for giving this young man something to look forward to! :shock: :lol: 8) :arrow:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -