Gun law question

Old 06-03-2008, 02:26 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Yep- I agree with you... this "tolerance" & new world thinking is really going to hurt us. You are absloutley right about the outlaws... they take away our guns, the good law obiding people will give them up. The bad guys will keep them... they will be the only folks who have guns in the end. Being that you are in law enforcement, do you worry about budjet cuts more because of election or will that get better?
Old 06-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Bamfster
APPRENTICE

As with any type of government agency, we are always tasked with doing more with less. For several years we have been dealing with less of a budget regarding equipment, ect. It was so bad, that when our current mayor took office, he approached all of the employee organizations and asked for part of our pay raises back. Our union said no, and now we are paying the price....he fights us on everything while the agencies that gave back are being extra benefits. The population of the metro area (Denver,CO) has grown by approximately 2 million in the past ten years, with the majority of that being Mexican nationals. The manpower of the PD is lower now that it was in 1972 when the city was hoping to get the '72 olympics. Now we have the DNC that happens in August here, and guess what.....there's no money in the budget for training and equipment. The feds have stepped up with funding, but the administration has not disbursed it.

I know that the upcoming election is going to change alot of things, not so much L/E related or budget wise. My concern is having to enforce laws that I believe to be fundamentally wrong. The idea of restricting man's constitutional rights does not sit well with me. With all that said, I am seriously considering an early retirement....don't want to be a part of the upcoming administration/government.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I feel your pain too... I am not excited about having my taxes go to things that are morality unacceptable to me. Example: ACLU, Planned parenthood, killing babies is against what I personally believe... & I have the right to believe that based of my own belief system... which should be a right I have. Nope- the schools here can't say "God" in the Pledge of Allegiance... but they are talking about MUSLIMS having in school special prayer time.... what??? This is the same Pledge one of our presidentail candidates resfuses to recite?? Same guy has like 143 total hours of senate time under his belt... question is, why has America put him there??? I am no expert, only 38 years old, old fashioned, but come on, we are so "tolerant" that it makes me SICK. Hang on.... we may be in for a real ride!
Old 06-04-2008, 09:43 PM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Yall recon, we might need or have a use for those those guns, and bibles we been clinging to?
Old 06-05-2008, 06:37 AM
Bamfster
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by suicidebomb
Yall recon, we might need or have a use for those those guns, and bibles we been clinging to?
Now that you mention it.......

I have always been the type to research things. My brother is on the religious side (God bless him) and he started pointing out things in the Bible. It's interesting to see how what's happening in the world today are follwing it. My Dad always predicted there would be a revolution again in this country, and the way the political climate is, I'm starting to think he may have been right. Don't get me wrong, I'm not about anarchy n such, but I do believe there is too much big brother in our lives, and hold on to your a$$, after this election, it'll only get worse no matter which candidate gets elected.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:48 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

In the Bible "Revelation".... kinda spooky, but eveything else in the Bible has already come true... Revelation says it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better. I will be leaving in the Rapture before I see darkness & blood red moon!! That means that Obama & Hilary will still be here BS ing' people while im sayin hello to the old family.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:39 PM
Bamfster
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
In the Bible "Revelation".... kinda spooky, but eveything else in the Bible has already come true... Revelation says it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better. I will be leaving in the Rapture before I see darkness & blood red moon!! That means that Obama & Hilary will still be here BS ing' people while im sayin hello to the old family.
AMEN BROTHER!!!!