They're here

Old 03-17-2013, 06:04 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

One sad thing about the Tea Party is Sara Palin is the first thing many think of when they think of the current Tea Party. She's a joke, and doesn't help much when she starts talking.

McCain / Palin was the worst thing to happen to the Republican party in a long time. IMO if Romney would have run against Obama in 08 Obama would not have been elected.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:32 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

I dunno if I'd put Palin down as part of the "Old Guard" . . I think she's one of the lower branches of a potential new tree . . She's a pretty good speechmaker, and has a good following on the conservative center. More common sense based. But because of her afilliation with McCain (who ought to be in a senior citizen's home someplace where the news media can't find him) she was made into a "Clown with Lipstick" by the liberal media in the 2008 election . . And the Republican "Old Guard' allowed it.

Her speech to CPAC was pretty good and she can rally the troops, but I don't think she'd run again and I don't think it would help the cause for her to. I'll give her one thing, she calls 'em like she see's 'em on the old guard. Her shot at Rove was a harbinger of things to come for the "Good Ole Boys" in the party . . The "Kingmakers" are going to have to go away . .

There's a lot of younger and upcoming legislators and candidates in the pipeline, but they cannot be put in place by the old Guard and then be expected to make any changes . . So you need to get rid of the Puppetiers first . .

Basically, if the Senator or Representative of your district and state has been in their office for more than two terms, they no longer have YOUR best interest in mind (if they ever did) and it's time to "primary" them out . .
Old 03-18-2013, 07:57 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

sorry ken0069, im not going to change the way i speak or what i call things ,no im not sorry after all.i am not p.c. i have never been and i will never be. it is not derogatory. and i dont care who in .the hell i piss off.as far as thatv tem TEABAGGER, i have a t shirt that says " screw you, am a ogt. original teabagger" on the back is a ocean scooner with a box of lipton tea floating in water...bought it a few yrs ago. if i offend you, thats something you have to deal with not me.everyone is gettin too damn touchy in these pc days.ive been called a dumba$$ because i am not a dumocrat. ive been called a redneck because i live in the south.ive been called a hippie because i have real long hair.{by the way i hate hippies. they are too peace lovin for my tastes.lol[..ive been called biker trash because i was a patch holder and road a harley.ive been called a doper because i have to take narcotics. quess what, not once did i cry or even got upset. or try to correct someone.if you do belong to the tea bag party, you should be proud to be a bagger, not offended.hell im closer to a bagger thananything else and i dont give a f--- who knows or what theycall me.grow some skin....this pc crap is gonna kill this country, well not by itself but i will or is part of the problem.they dont want us to say illegals anymore, now its un document...lol...
Old 03-18-2013, 11:02 AM
ken0069
MASTER BUILDER

Thanks. I figured you'd understand? :roll:

I just figured that there's enough assholes out there on the other side doing crap like that but if you're into the circular firing squad then so be it!
Old 03-18-2013, 01:01 PM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Hey!

Politicians make hay when they divide people over labels . . Quoting Dr. Carson's Speech last weekend, we cannot divide ourselves with labels because as Americans we have more in common than we have in differences.

Thus, if we're all up Sh*t Creek without a paddle, better everybody get a hand in the water and paddle like hell in the same direction . . or we'll all be in the water by ourselves . .
Old 03-19-2013, 07:16 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

again rk, you are the voice of reason., what he said hit me wrong, really wrong.for one it is not a derogatory term. and no i dont try to piss people off for no reason. but if i do then that is something they have to deal with, not me. im so tired of all this pc shit i cant stand it anymore.and its even worse when it gets into my home, like here on rj.everyone out here knows where i stand. a strict conservative.and i dont care what ternm you use to define me. seems some [people are getting to easy to hurt with words.hell im part tea pa party and part republican. so wjhat the hell do you call me. according to ken im a ass----....lol
Old 03-19-2013, 10:08 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

I suppose part of it's where you're from, part, how seriously you take your "movement" and often, different kinds of humor . . I know guys who refer to others as an "old S.O.B." and it's just a joviality to those being addressed. I know of others, who when referred to as such, will come unglued . . Thus, one has to be aware of whom he refers to as an "Old S.O.B." . . Same difference with "teabagger" . .

Me? I'm an @sshole . . probably Number One. But you can refer to me as just about anything or anybody and I just blow it off and consider the source.

Most often if it's an insult, I don't reply . . but that's me. Everybody dances different . . .

I'm kind of lucky because I've had a lot of experiences, in Racing, Politics, Art and life in general. I've also been lucky to have had many knowledgable Mentors in most of my endeavors . . And that has been passed off to me as some wisdom, some wit and at the least, some idea of what I don't know . . .

I can understand both of your outlooks, but it shouldn't divide you or the people who come here with little acrimony and more than the same interests . .
Old 03-20-2013, 07:23 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

rk, you do have some class! lol. i have been there and done that, not once but many times.therte isnt much i havent done or argued about.ive also have had mentors that were way older and wiser than the average bear..one worked as a distict manager for att back in the 70s and another worked as a gardener.see where im at on this? before my wreck i had a iq of 151. now, i have a hard time rememebering my kids names.fact!and it has also made me very short tempered.have a real hard time dealing with dumb.which i seem to run into everytime i leave the house and go somewhere, or get on this damn computer.and i raelly hate when people get so damn touchy about everything!!!!! i hate pc!!!!!!!!!!!now im the one gettin touchy...lol.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:46 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

As has been stated more than once here and everywhere this discussion comes up, It can sometimes be 'chaaaaaalenging' (PC word here!) to actually HEAR what and how a person speaks. We have NO voice inflection nor facial/body language to observe, just the printed word. The times we live in are quite interesting and 'chaaaaalenging' to say the least !
"Peace Out" -V-
Old 03-21-2013, 07:04 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

ok so was i wrong to go off.?does anyone see why i went off?not pickin sides,just want to know. if i was right to have been the one offended.and no pc crap, tell me straight out.and if i was wrong ill say im sorry.but i still have a hard time feelin i was wrong.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -