DON'T BUY FRAM OIL FILTERS !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-24-2008, 04:56 PM
superbadass532
JOURNEYMAN

Hey everyone ............ We all need to keep this going that's the only way we are going to get to the Honeywell/Fram corporation. Their so big they think that all of us little pee on's will just go away!!! I was at the NHRA Nationals a couple of weeks ago and mind you this was after my Fram problem. I was sitting in the stands with my wife to watch the top fuel cars run and low and behold what pulls up a Top fuel dragster with Fram plastered all over the side of it!!!!!!! Man that really pissed me off! They can advertise their garbage at drag racing events but they won't back their product! If they don't want to pay us when our engines blow up for using their JUNK filters that's OK JUST PUT A DISCLAIMER ON THE BOX >>>>>>>>>> NOT FOR ENGINES THAT MAKE HORSEPOWER!!!!!!!!
SORRY HAD TO VENT SOMEMORE

THX EVERYONE WHO HAS CHIMMED IN>

STAN
Old 09-25-2008, 10:26 AM
NorthMotorSports
MASTER BUILDER

Go to the scammer watch part of the forum.... O and not to piss you off anymore but things do break when theyre under a lot of stress I know your motor was hurt but still shit happens it wasnt fram's fault.... Ive used alot of products on alot of different things and everything breaks wether it be an oil filter or a damn rear end everything breaks..... Just my opinion on the deal
Old 09-25-2008, 11:59 AM
superbadass532
JOURNEYMAN

NorthMotorSports..... Thanks for your input! The problem I have is that Fram doesn't put anything out there on their filter boxes or anywhere else that says don't use their filters on a particular application! If they had something on their filter box that told me that a particular application might have a filter failure I would have used a different filter. They are a very BIG company you would think they would put something on their packaging that makes people aware of the potential problem. I think they are just sweeping it under the rug! I have talked to some of the best engine builders in the country and they all agreed with me and not to mention that they said that Fram filters are the reason they have had to fix engines that had the same problem I had ! Take a look at some of the others in this post if you haven't already and this is only a days worth !!! I can't wait to see how many will add to this post over the next few days.

Thx
Old 09-25-2008, 12:04 PM
superbadass532
JOURNEYMAN

NorthMotorSports..... Oh by the way this AIN'T no Scam! I am a real person with a REAL problem!
Old 09-25-2008, 12:24 PM
gungho
EXPERT BUILDER

Boy I sure was glad Dunkin Donuts put the word "HOT" on their coffee,until they did I thought it was cold. :lol:
Old 09-25-2008, 01:39 PM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

I own an automotive repair shop and most of the prolems I've seen with the fram filters were on dailey drivers that were bone stock.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:55 PM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Guys, I had problems with fram oil filters on my race car also, and wix, and napa brand, and K&N, and a couple of others that don't come to mind right now. My little smallblock, makes 75psi of oil pressure at idle, well north of a hundred at WOT. I don't know how high it goes, but my gauge pegs at 100psi. But after peering down into them and seeing the insides crushed, I figured that screwed on oil filters are not made to withstand that kind of pressure. IMHO if you're makin a lot of oil pressure, and expect a basically stock type canister filter to do the job, you're playin with fire. BTW, I don't run them anymore, I got myself a good rebuildable, cleanable, racing type oil filter. No more problems with collapsing oil filters. Before I leave, I'm not trying to fire anyone up, or take any sides in this little discussion, this is strictly my own observation, and my opinion, with no basis on scientific fact.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:24 AM
NorthMotorSports
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by superbadass468
NorthMotorSports..... Thanks for your input! The problem I have is that Fram doesn't put anything out there on their filter boxes or anywhere else that says don't use their filters on a particular application! If they had something on their filter box that told me that a particular application might have a filter failure I would have used a different filter. They are a very BIG company you would think they would put something on their packaging that makes people aware of the potential problem. I think they are just sweeping it under the rug! I have talked to some of the best engine builders in the country and they all agreed with me and not to mention that they said that Fram filters are the reason they have had to fix engines that had the same problem I had ! Take a look at some of the others in this post if you haven't already and this is only a days worth !!! I can't wait to see how many will add to this post over the next few days

Thx
Dont get all worked up and by the way I never said you were a scammer I sadi that you should go post this on the scammer watch section saying that fram filters scammed you and what not so next time somebody states their opinion read their post and dont get worked up
Old 09-26-2008, 02:39 PM
jayss10
CRAFTSMAN

I have had dealings with fram filters also,what happens is they colpase,inside and then come apart,it has happen to several cust. i have had in past, i contacted fram about it about 5 years ago, wow still doing it,why would a oil filter company keep making something that is a problem,i would use a stp filter before a fram........JAY
Old 09-26-2008, 04:30 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by jayss10
I have had dealings with fram filters also,what happens is they colpase,inside and then come apart,it has happen to several cust. i have had in past, i contacted fram about it about 5 years ago, wow still doing it,why would a oil filter company keep making something that is a problem,i would use a stp filter before a fram........JAY
STP is made by FRAM I believe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -