opinions on this

Old 07-23-2011, 08:39 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I would suggest you put a Snorkle type hood (sq. opening, like the 70's and 80's) on the hood, that will put the carbs under the hood even with a tunnel ram. Carbs outside the hood hasn't been popular since the 70's and most people don't need to see what you have, just that it runs good and performs as stated. I'm an old man and have been thru all the stages of progression since the 1950's. In todays world the only thing that needs to be sticking out of a hood is an injection scoop if it a blown car.
IMO the car is not overpriced, it just has an appearance problem.

JMO

Zip.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:08 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default ok

Hey zip
Thanks for your opinion
not really sure which way i am going yet, old school or slammed
anyway the car does runs good, it has some pop in it, fast is relative, but i would think this car if it hooks and runs as it feels should run low 12,s. I may take it out to see, thanks for voicing in I have read some of your comments and you certainly know a hell of alot more than me about cars and motors, thanks I appreciate it
Jeff M.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:20 AM
mooneye777
MASTER BUILDER

Its a good looking car as is. If you are going to throw more money at it, just drop the price down at the cost for the changes and see what happens then.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:12 AM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default ok

The price is always a factor,so I do understand that. but catching some ones attention is important also, my labor is "free" if it helps to sell it, but parts do have a cost. I am taking a hit on the car now, and it is fun to drive, the 70 chevelle motor is payed for now so I am not as "desperate" to sell. I have a little room in my price, but not alot.I am thinking if I do things to it I will enjoy the changes and maybe get those costs back later. I do like driving the car and it is very reliable. You can stick your hand in the window turn the key and it starts and stays running. Sorta cool to do when you are showing the car to some one and they want to hear it. Thanks for the advise, we will see what happens. I appreciate it
Old 07-24-2011, 06:53 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default utube video of the car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZatJkdM32k

put a little video on utube,check it out
Thanks Jeff
Old 07-25-2011, 03:51 AM
wvhippie
MASTER BUILDER

Jeff I have looked at that car several times and thought it was a good deal. The only thing I would change on it would be the hood and maybe the stripes. I think it would look great with a large cowl hood that covers the carbs and change the flame stripes to the factory style. I think the price is great.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:06 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default OK

I think I will need to measure the height of the carbs that are hangin out of it. It may need to be a pretty high cowl hood, also I think you are right about the stripes/flames thing goin, on with the car.
I have two folks very interested in the car. But I did bye some 185/60/15 tires for the front because those front runners are not what I like on the street , the 185/60/15 may not be as tall as the front runners, we will see Thanks
Jeff