Watch out for this guy

Old 09-19-2014, 05:15 AM
MaryAnnW
SHOW GUEST

Default Watch out for this guy

During an event in Montreal Canada back on the weekend of Sept 6 & 7th 2014, my husband and I saw a funny car roller for sale. This car my husband had dreamed about owning for a while now. After a short discussion, I told my husband let's buy the thing so we went back with a $2000 deposit cheque to hold the car and arranged pickup at a later date. During the time of purchase, there was no active listing on the car so when we discussed price there was no mention of US currency. We are all Canadian and the car is located in Canada and with no mention at the time of placing the deposit in his hands that it was being sold in US currency, why would we think it was being sold in anything other then Canadian currency. A few days after him cashing my deposit cheque, he called and said " Oh that cheque was in Canadian funds but we are selling the car in US Funds". My husband really wanted this car so after some discussion between my husband and the owner, they made a gentlemen's agreement on the phone to split the difference. Keep in mind that the US exchange rate is 12 cents on the dollar. So to buy $1 US dollar it cost us Canadian's $1.12. So that was fine. A few days ago the owner calls us up again and changes the agreement once more. Now he wants full pop,all in US currency. At this point, we tell him no way and to send our deposit back to us. He refuses to do so, saying he's had labour hrs to remove the engine and now he will have labour hrs to reinstall the engine. That isn't our problem. We weren't the ones who changed the deal not once but now twice. And as an added bonus, he listed the car for sale yesterday on Racing Junk. I don't think he can legally do that, considering we have a deposit holding that car. In my opinion, he is committing fraud!

http://www.racingjunk.com/Funny-Car/...ARO-2002-.html

Last edited by MaryAnnW; 09-19-2014 at 05:24 AM.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:31 AM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

Live and learn. When you place a deposit, get a contract signed and witnessed. This owner has nothing but his word at stake and he must not value that. If you want you can place an ad in the classifieds where he has advertised and state your case and warn buyers. This might bring the owner back to his senses.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:28 AM
SHOW GUEST

Never under estimate the power of the TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get your story straight!

There is always two sides of a story, so everyone before you judge, you should hear the other side of the story... September 6, Lyle came up to Rudolphe to ask him if the Funny Car was still for sale, Rudolphe said yes, so Lyle said your asking 22 thousands can I deal for 21 thousands? (What is important to know here is the car was advertise for sale only in 1 place witch is on internet on Racing Junk.com, that is a U.S.A. site, so everything on sale on the site is in U.S. currency! (unless the seller specify it) and for Lyle to know that Rudolphe asking price was 22 thousands, he had to see it on that site, when it was advertised) and so Rudolphe agreed for 21 thousands.

Lyle give a cheque for deposit of 2 thousand saying it's now my car, here is a deposit of 2 thousand and the balance when i come to pick it up on September 29. After cashing the cheque, in the fallowing week, September 12 Rudolphe realize that the 2 thousands that he had received was in Canadian dollar, so he decided to call Lyle, (it's a difference of 2 thousands more) to clarify with him that the deal was suppose to be in U.S. dollar cause the car was on sale at this price on a U.S.A. site, so Lyle and Rudolphe came to an gentlemen's agreement that they would meet halfway by splitting the difference, the car would be sold at 22 thousands dollars Canadian, even MaryAnn said the same in her post earlier....
So, they agreed, on September 13, that September 29 Lyle will come to pickup the Funny Car, and pay the balance left to be paid witch was 20 thousands Canadian (cause Rudolphe had received the deposit of 2 thousands dollars Canadian)

Everything was fine, and settle, so Rudolphe to make sure that the car is ready for when Lyle would come, he took the car apart (cause the they were selling only the body of the car), so took the transmission, the engine and everything else out (and that takes time!) And than after all this, Lyle sent a message to Rudolphe, September 18, saying he won't take the car anymore and that he want is 1500$ from his deposit money back! Rudolphe said : if you don't want the car anymore, than you lose your deposit.... after that Lyle threatened to sue Rudolphe...

My dad his a gentlemen, not a thief, not a guy who come back on his worlds, a business man, his will respect the agreement he made! But for sure if Lyle doesn't respect the agreement by not showing up September 29 with the balance owed, he will lose his deposit! Rudolphe didn't call back to say he want everything in U.S.! Also, Rudolphe ad another buyer in line, but had refused to sell because he had accept the deposit of Lyle, and had commitment from him saying he was buying it!

So you can say whatever you feel but that is the truth of this story and to lie to get attention from people it's very childish if you want my opinion! And yes, he put it back for sell on line, but he will wait until September 30 before selling it to anybody else....

So, now everyone knows both sides of the story....

Kathy Nadeau
Old 09-22-2014, 07:54 AM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

Just so we get to keep both sides of the story...

Originally Posted by 1545 View Post
During an event in Montreal Canada back on the weekend of Sept 6 & 7th 2014, my husband and I saw a funny car roller for sale. This car my husband had dreamed about owning for a while now. After a short discussion, I told my husband let's buy the thing so we went back with a $2000 deposit cheque to hold the car and arranged pickup at a later date. During the time of purchase, there was no active listing on the car so when we discussed price there was no mention of US currency. We are all Canadian and the car is located in Canada and with no mention at the time of placing the deposit in his hands that it was being sold in US currency, why would we think it was being sold in anything other then Canadian currency. A few days after him cashing my deposit cheque, he called and said " Oh that cheque was in Canadian funds but we are selling the car in US Funds". My husband really wanted this car so after some discussion between my husband and the owner, they made a gentlemen's agreement on the phone to split the difference. Keep in mind that the US exchange rate is 12 cents on the dollar. So to buy $1 US dollar it cost us Canadian's $1.12. So that was fine. A few days ago the owner calls us up again and changes the agreement once more. Now he wants full pop,all in US currency. At this point, we tell him no way and to send our deposit back to us. He refuses to do so, saying he's had labour hrs to remove the engine and now he will have labour hrs to reinstall the engine. That isn't our problem. We weren't the ones who changed the deal not once but now twice. And as an added bonus, he listed the car for sale yesterday on Racing Junk. I don't think he can legally do that, considering we have a deposit holding that car. In my opinion, he is committing fraud!

http://www.racingjunk.com/Funny-Car/...ARO-2002-.html

Never under estimate the power of the TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get your story straight!

There is always two sides of a story, so everyone before you judge, you should hear the other side of the story... September 6, Lyle came up to Rudolphe to ask him if the Funny Car was still for sale, Rudolphe said yes, so Lyle said your asking 22 thousands can I deal for 21 thousands? (What is important to know here is the car was advertise for sale only in 1 place witch is on internet on Racing Junk.com, that is a U.S.A. site, so everything on sale on the site is in U.S. currency! (unless the seller specify it) and for Lyle to know that Rudolphe asking price was 22 thousands, he had to see it on that site, when it was advertised) and so Rudolphe agreed for 21 thousands.

Lyle give a cheque for deposit of 2 thousand saying it's now my car, here is a deposit of 2 thousand and the balance when i come to pick it up on September 29. After cashing the cheque, in the fallowing week, September 12 Rudolphe realize that the 2 thousands that he had received was in Canadian dollar, so he decided to call Lyle, (it's a difference of 2 thousands more) to clarify with him that the deal was suppose to be in U.S. dollar cause the car was on sale at this price on a U.S.A. site, so Lyle and Rudolphe came to an gentlemen's agreement that they would meet halfway by splitting the difference, the car would be sold at 22 thousands dollars Canadian, even MaryAnn said the same in her post earlier....
So, they agreed, on September 13, that September 29 Lyle will come to pickup the Funny Car, and pay the balance left to be paid witch was 20 thousands Canadian (cause Rudolphe had received the deposit of 2 thousands dollars Canadian)

Everything was fine, and settle, so Rudolphe to make sure that the car is ready for when Lyle would come, he took the car apart (cause the they were selling only the body of the car), so took the transmission, the engine and everything else out (and that takes time!) And than after all this, Lyle sent a message to Rudolphe, September 18, saying he won't take the car anymore and that he want is 1500$ from his deposit money back! Rudolphe said : if you don't want the car anymore, than you lose your deposit.... after that Lyle threatened to sue Rudolphe...

My dad his a gentlemen, not a thief, not a guy who come back on his worlds, a business man, his will respect the agreement he made! But for sure if Lyle doesn't respect the agreement by not showing up September 29 with the balance owed, he will lose his deposit! Rudolphe didn't call back to say he want everything in U.S.! Also, Rudolphe ad another buyer in line, but had refused to sell because he had accept the deposit of Lyle, and had commitment from him saying he was buying it!

So you can say whatever you feel but that is the truth of this story and to lie to get attention from people it's very childish if you want my opinion! And yes, he put it back for sell on line, but he will wait until September 30 before selling it to anybody else....

So, now everyone knows both sides of the story....

Kathy Nadeau
Old 10-01-2014, 03:11 AM
MaryAnnW
SHOW GUEST

It's really funny Kathy that you claim that Rudy is not a thief. All the while he is holding our deposit, he placed a new ad on the car being for sale on Sept 18th. It clearly shows the date when the ad was posted. And you were not present at Sanair so you just have their side of the story. So tell Rudy to expect legal documents in the mail shortly, refusing to give someone their deposit back within the first 10 days is against the law and now I will be going after legal costs and the deposit. Reference the Consumer Protection Act of Canada and you will find out that he will lose in court which will cost him more then sending our deposit back. But hey, too each their own, if you want to spend more money doing things the hard way, then knock yourself out!

Last edited by MaryAnnW; 10-02-2014 at 03:39 AM.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:55 AM
lodilobo
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

If someone buys something from me, and gives me a deposit, then chamges his mind, I will refund the deposit, unless there are circumstances to warrant keeping the deposit. This seems to be one of those. It's good business and good karma to bend a little on these transactions. I don't think either party is a thief or dishonest, here. The guy who removed the engine to sell the car is entitled to some compensation. I've been there before. I would give him back $1500.00 of the $2000.00 deposit. That's the fair thing to do.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:56 AM
jenavet
SHOW GUEST

i kind of have to agree with maryanne here.if the car is for sale in canada at a canadian event,both parties are canadian...and the car was not listed or found for sale on a us site,why would you think it would be for anything but canadian money?
and the timing of the add seems to backup maryannes claim...it was listed on racing junk on sept 18th,a week or more after they made the deal.
i think its the sellers fault for not intensley clarifying the car was for sale in only us funds...its almost like if you came to buy my car in the usa and a week later i tell you its supposed to be in german deutchmarks
if they do sue this guy i think they will win