Venting

Old 06-11-2011, 06:32 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

???????? did YOU install the motor in the car???

did it get fired up AFTER the build???

does it have a thermostat ???

i have never PUSHED freeze plugs out from overheating.
i would never start an unfired engine without checking the oil level and fluid in the engine[how possibly can you expect the fluid levels[both] to be right WITHOUT running the engine to the proper temp--you check BEFORE--DURING AND AFTER!!

something has been overlooked here and has cost alot of wasted time and money ops:
Old 06-11-2011, 10:42 AM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default 496

I did not install the motor High speed did turn key
They said they spun it up on the chasis dyno hazed the tires ????
I drove it around his shop after the install and it threw the belts off of it and Mike rebushed the alt I had told them about this problem earlier and they thought it was alignment, it would seem to me that it would have thrown the belts on the dyno also, another issue ???
they never put a dip stick in the new moroso pan ????
The motor had about 3 street miles on it
Hope that answers your questions,
because I still have alot of unanswered questions from the builder ?
We will see what happens, hopefully the right thing
Jeff m 708-308-0282
Old 06-11-2011, 11:08 AM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Is this the shop that did the install?

http://www.highspeedperf.com/
Old 06-11-2011, 11:27 AM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default 496

Yes
That is the shop, I have been doing busniess with them for about 8 to 9 years. They were located in the crestwood area before mokena, I even offered to let them use my trailor to help them move to their current location a few years ago.
Also I have told others about their services and have distributed fliers for them to help busniess for them. I am sure that I have generated some work for them.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:00 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: 496

Originally Posted by bixblk
I did not install the motor High speed did turn key
They said they spun it up on the chasis dyno hazed the tires ????
I drove it around his shop after the install and it threw the belts off of it and Mike rebushed the alt I had told them about this problem earlier and they thought it was alignment, it would seem to me that it would have thrown the belts on the dyno also, another issue ???
they never put a dip stick in the new moroso pan ????
The motor had about 3 street miles on it
Hope that answers your questions,
because I still have alot of unanswered questions from the builder ?
We will see what happens, hopefully the right thing
Jeff m 708-308-0282
WOW--THAT IS NOT GOOD
I THINK SOMEONE FORGOT TO REALLY CHECK THE ANTIFREEZE CORRECTLY. 8)

If it was fired up and run there/you drove it/ and they fixed the alternator/ and you ran it again !!! they will try to blame you for living in a COLD spot-but- you told them where it was going to be stored--frozen engines tend to crack as well as push the plugs[better check it well]--

i feel if they did the work and you have a receipt showing all the details including the antifreeze they installed for YOUR area -then they need to help you out help someway 8)

good luck--and sorry this happened to you--metal and men both fail at times :cry:
Old 06-11-2011, 02:59 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default 496 issues

Thanks, for the support I feel the same
This will be a battle that I will need to engage in, if everyone tells the truth and is honest the right thing will happen. Often times that does not happen because "other things" get in the way. Sorta a shame because they do good work, but this one seems to have fallin' thru the cracks. A big part of busniess is how they deal with issues like this. Hoping the outcome is proper, but based on the last three conversations with the staff (2) mike(owner) and (1) with Zap (engine builder) their stance is 0 liability. Hopefully they will call and change that stance before it escalates to "a point of no return" I think no one wants thats. But both of us are stubborn and prepared .we will see what happens ?
Old 06-11-2011, 05:31 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

YOU as the car OWNER need to take SOME of the responsibility on this.

#1 - Why didn't YOU double check the coolant's freezing point YOURSELF ?

#2 - YOU the car owner, should have INSISTED that there be a dipstick installed on YOUR engine BEFORE it left THEIR shop.

There is NO WAY any Hi Po engine builder will guarantee ANY Hi Po engine used in a Hi Po application. Many will work with their customers if it is OBVIOUS that any major failure or tuning issue was the absolute fault of their workmanship.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:35 PM
ajk
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD

#2 - YOU the car owner, should have INSISTED that there be a dipstick installed on YOUR engine BEFORE it left THEIR shop.

There is NO WAY any Hi Po engine builder will guarantee ANY Hi Po engine used in a Hi Po application. Many will work with their customers if it is OBVIOUS that any major failure or tuning issue was the absolute fault of their workmanship.
Have to agree with this.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:21 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default 496

I appreciate your opinion, here is why I feel I have no resposibility on this (yet) 1. The build was brand new I did not think checking on his work would be needed till I ran the car.2.They have done work in the past for me including motors so I took his word for it. If we cannot believe what we are told were do we start and stop with checking workmanship. Do I check valve lash immediately? he says he set them properly, do I start checking for proper cam timing/indexing ? he says he did that.Is the spark plug gap proper ,he says he did that, ,or is that things that should be checked after you drive the car more than 3 miles. I think that they should be checked after some break in time. Is it still my carb on the motor, with the same jets, are those still my new heads, is it a roller cam, new rockers like the reciept says, honest if you lose creditibility with your words, where do you start to check and stop trusting someones word. It was made clear to me the car could be parked for the winter in my unheated garage, just as other motors he has done for me in the past in the same car parked in the same location You do understand it was a brand new build. Approx 3 miles and maybe 25 minutes of running time. He lives in the area and knows the weather we have, as far as the dip stick I was going to put one in with the first oil change. Insisting with Mike is sorta hard, he tends to do things his way to try and keep things in order, and is not open to critism or ideas. That can be a good and bad. You can ask but it may or may not happen. Your points are well taken but I do disagree. As far as warranty/guarantee all that I ask is that I get what I paid for and honesty. Do you feel I got that, I feel I did not.So thats the warranty/guarantee I need. As far as working with me on this, the reponse of zero liability (x3) tells me he feels no responsibilty. I know I do this for fun, playing with cars is my escape. Stuff will break. But people in general need to take resposibilities for their actions,
Thanks for your opinion, I have read you links and responses to many threads here on RJ and agree with alot of them, just not this one.
I think other valid opinions help me to see things in a different way, and shed light on the issue, thanks but I feel Zero resposibility, it was just plain too new.
Jeff M.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:06 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by ajk
Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD

Have to agree with this.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$

i really don't care if the best engine builder in the world puts an engine in my car---IT IS STILL 1000% YOUR RESPONSIBILTY TO DO THIS BASIC CHECKS ON YOUR OWN AT ALL TIMES 8) plus --i will never start an engine up without a proper way [DIPSTICK] to check the oil level

IT IS CALLED (COMMON SINCE] :wink: i know that has been lost on alot of people in the last few years :roll:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -