Toyodas problems

Old 02-07-2010, 09:23 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

PDM,
This is all good info for us all in 'understanding' what's happened and is going to happen. It is all so complicated and convoluted that the 'masses' cannot even fathom nor grasp it all. The bad guys are doing something out in the open with one hand while the other is behind their back doing something even more sinister.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:48 AM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by slowmotion
Originally Posted by cepx111
I agree with the author of this post, I hope this mess bites toyota in the a$$.

Hungry? Eat your import.
I'm not saying I don't agree to some extent. It's just you have to be careful what you call an import. Would it be better to buy a Toyota Camry or a Chevy Aveo?

http://www.howtobuyamerican.com/cont...db-autos.shtml

When you say you hopes it bites Toyota, Do you think they should in turn shut down the AMERICAN factory that made the defective parts?

I'm playing devil's advocate here. I'd never own a Toyota, Honda(car), Nissan or whatever.

I notice nobody is posting what they drive.
2003 Chevy 2500HD
2004 Pontiac Aztek
1994 GMC Sonoma
Motorcycles
2003 Honda VTX1800c
2001 Yamaha TTR225
2001 Yamaha PW80
2005 Honda 250 Recon 4 Wheeler
Well since your scrutinizing what cars everybody is driving.

95 lincoln towncar
95 chevy suburban
89 mustang GT
69 camaro

So, let me get this straight, you personally wont buy/support a toyota, honda or nissan car, but a honda or yamaha motorcycle is ok? Whats the difference?
Old 02-08-2010, 07:36 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

I agree with the author of this post, I hope this mess bites toyota in the a$$.

Hungry? Eat your import.
I'm not saying I don't agree to some extent. It's just you have to be careful what you call an import. Would it be better to buy a Toyota Camry or a Chevy Aveo?

http://www.howtobuyamerican.com/cont...db-autos.shtml

When you say you hopes it bites Toyota, Do you think they should in turn shut down the AMERICAN factory that made the defective parts?

I'm playing devil's advocate here. I'd never own a Toyota, Honda(car), Nissan or whatever.

I notice nobody is posting what they drive.
2003 Chevy 2500HD
2004 Pontiac Aztek
1994 GMC Sonoma
Motorcycles
2003 Honda VTX1800c
2001 Yamaha TTR225
2001 Yamaha PW80
2005 Honda 250 Recon 4 Wheeler

95 lincoln towncar
95 chevy suburban
89 mustang GT
69 camaro

So, let me get this straight, you personally wont buy/support a toyota, honda or nissan car, but a honda or yamaha motorcycle is ok? Whats the difference?
The main reasons I wouldn't buy the "import" brand cars is that I don't think they are any better in quality that the "American" brands. Part availabilty and service is an issue in my area. There are no dealers within a 45 minute drive.

I don't have a problem with buyin the "Import" motorcyles because the There isn't an American manufacturer that can supply what I want.

Harley doesn't make dirtbikes or 4 wheelers. I've heard they can't even put "American Made" on their bikes any more. They say "Union made".

My Honda VTX1800 is built in Marysville, OH I looked into buying a HD before I bought it. The HD dealers in the St. Louis area were $2000+ over HD's MSRP. I wasn't paying $17,000 for a bike that the manufacturer said was only worth $15,000. Since then (2004) the dealers have come down to MSRP or lower on their bikes. I'm not in the market for a big cruiser any more. Not to mention HD doesn't make a 1800cc, water cooled, shaft drive bike.

I'm thinking about replacing it with a Kawasaki KLR650. It's a dual purpose bike. Once again there isn't a American equivilant to the bike.

If there is, there is not a dealer near me. Once again parts and service play a big part in what I buy.

My dad owns a car repair shop. He has people get angry when he refuses to work on their import. He works on some brands and does minor work on others. He just can't get parts in a reasonable amount of time. They are angry because nobody else in town will work on them either. They have to take back to a dealer for service. He says "You should've thought about that before you bought it".

I wasn't scrutinizing. I was just wanting to see if some of the people who say "Buy American" (which I believe in doing when you have a choice) were driving imports disguised as American made cars.

My dad gets it in he repair shop all the time. Years ago, his uncle came into the shop with a little Dodge Ram. He took it right back to the dealer when my dad showed him the Mitsubishi info or logo under the hood.

I posted earlier about the guy with the Pontiac Vibe insisting on American made tires. He had no idea is car was basically a Toyota product.

A woman was in the shop bragging about a new American made car she had just bought. Again it was an import with a domestic badge.

These are a few instances of many.

The common response is "The salesman didn't tell me this was an import".
Old 02-08-2010, 03:40 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

The common response is "The salesman didn't tell me this was an import".
THAT is a PRIME example of people NOT taking responsibility for their own actions. Blame it on 'the Salesman'............. Ask questions BEFORE you buy !!!!
Let the government decide FOR me....waaa---waaaa-waaaaaaaaaaa
Old 02-08-2010, 05:31 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

the GOVERNMENT knows best!!!!!!!!!!that is sick :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

AND VOTERS REALLY BELIEVE THAT CRAP LOL LOL
LIVELY :lol: :lol:
Old 02-10-2010, 07:06 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

toyota ads more cars with "wandering steering" and now honda has some on list for airbags that deploy with to much force and ruptures the air bag
Old 02-11-2010, 09:06 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

http://www.allworldauto.com/recalls/

Car Manufacturers with the Most Recalls (all time)
FORD (5,039)
CHEVROLET (4,300)
GMC (2,816)
DODGE (2,546)
VOLVO (1,384)
BMW (1,165)
HONDA (1,043)
PONTIAC (961)
JEEP (771)
TOYOTA (752)
PLYMOUTH (736)
VOLKSWAGEN (723)
NISSAN (702)
MERCURY (696)
CHRYSLER (684)
BUICK (672)
MERCEDES BENZ (608)
OLDSMOBILE (590)
MITSUBISHI (487)
CADILLAC (409)
MAZDA (405)
AUDI (391)
HYUNDAI (313)
LINCOLN (305)
TRIUMPH (300)
Old 02-11-2010, 09:26 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Slo,
What is the percentage to numbers actually produced ? The more made, the more recalls ?
Old 02-11-2010, 10:21 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
Hey Slo,
What is the percentage to numbers actually produced ? The more made, the more recalls ?
I don't know the percentage. I was thinking the same thing. The cars with the lowest recalls are like Yugo and others that weren't in production long.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
Hey Slo,
I don't know the percentage. I was thinking the same thing. The cars with the lowest recalls are like Yugo and others that weren't in production long.
Slo-mo:

I see zero Fiat's on the list. That is good for you. You should be go to go for a long time brutha. Scoot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -