roller lifters

Old 08-01-2007, 06:56 AM
Robert1320
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Lifters

Originally Posted by edvancedengines
I love the lifters I use. The only problem is that the company will only do business with known engine builders. If you are a professional engine builder and have some sort of proof, contact me and I can share this source. If not the best I can do is take orders and sell.

These do use internal oil channels to oil the rollers and are a cut-away design similar to the Crower Hippo or Isky Red-Zone. The price is a little less than the either of those but is not cheaper like the Crane or the Comp.

If you are in business as an engine builder please send me phone or email and I will turn you on to this product. If you are individual, I can not, becuase of the supplier's policies.

Ed
I switched all of my upper end customers to the same lifters.
Ed, Thanks. We have had zero problems.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:45 PM
engineer1975
SHOW GUEST

Default Roller Lifters

Hello,
I work inside the industry and my company has been a major customer of Morel's for years (almost since the program began). I will answer a few questions of the lifters without promoting my company.

1. Morel has supplied lifters to several Major cam companies for several years.
2. My company has used morel for 3+ years. Over that time, we have had only one set returned of approx `1000+ sets sold.
3. Morel lifters do have tighter tolerances and many other features that are improved over the Comp lifter, the Non-Morel ISKY lifter (ISKY does supply some Morel too), the Crower, and the Crane.
4. Most companies that sell Morel either sell direct and/or can recommend a distributor who carries their product
5. In the past 2 months, my company has turned on several new customers to the Morel lifter. Customers who were long term crower customers. These customer thoroughly tested the product and were to say the least, very impressed.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:05 PM
demented
JUNIOR BUILDER

Thanks for that last post. Aside from what was talked about here, I have nothing but good about morel lifters. Almost everybody that was asked said the same thing, "there an awesome lifter". I was happy to find out that lunati now sells them, As I can buy direct from lunati. When I asked about the lifters that lunati sells, the rep from lunati,a t first didn't want to say that morel makes them, But after some coersing, he decided to let out the secret. And they state that they are fully rebuildable, A nice added feature I might add. Also the same comment about never having any problems with these lifters has a sweet ring to it when you invest tons of money into a motor!!!! You don't want it coming apart.Now a days some of the best parts are not always the most expensive, Quality stills speaks for something.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:49 PM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

I am hoping to find your email and respond to it either tonight or tomorrow night. I am sorry but to tell the truth I am flooded with tech questions from several boards and I am trying to help everyone as much as I am capable to do.

I charge no one for all my time and my efforts to help them or to call them on the phone or to receive their phone calls. i try to help but I am only one imperfect guy with a huge load on several plates and I try to not disappoint anyone. I must have stretched myself far too thin becuase if I was staying caught up you would not be unhappy or disapponited in me.

Sorry.

Give me another day before you write me off.

Ed
Old 08-01-2007, 10:32 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Hey Ed it sounds like its time for them to get a life so you can get yours back. I like to help people as I can get to it but if I dont get to it so be it. Stop an take a break and go to the track its great a little hot but great none the less. I got a quick question for you Ed how long does it take to shut down an take a break and enjoy life.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:23 AM
sg1586
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by woodsman
Hey Ed it sounds like its time for them to get a life so you can get yours back. I like to help people as I can get to it but if I dont get to it so be it. Stop an take a break and go to the track its great a little hot but great none the less. I got a quick question for you Ed how long does it take to shut down an take a break and enjoy life.

Ed joined this forum....Did you expect him not to get flooded with questions??
Old 08-04-2007, 09:04 PM
KATAutomotive
SHOW GUEST

Default Lifters

Ed,

Could you e-mail that info to me?

TIA

I love the lifters I use. The only problem is that the company will only do business with known engine builders. If you are a professional engine builder and have some sort of proof, contact me and I can share this source. If not the best I can do is take orders and sell.

The .842 size has handled 380 # seat and over 1,000 lbs open with lifts of over .940 with no issues for a full season and they are supposed to be rebuildable.

The .904 size was handled 470# seat and above 1250 lbs open with lifts of over 1 inch for a season and looked good.

These do use internal oil channels to oil the rollers and are a cut-away design similar to the Crower Hippo or Isky Red-Zone. The price is a little less than the either of those but is not cheaper like the Crane or the Comp.

EaCH ORDR IS A DIFFERENT PRICE DEPENDIONG OF WHAT IS NEEDED i.e. sTRAIGHT oFF-SET SIZES LIFTER BODY HT ETC. (Caps lock sorry).

If you are in business as an engine builder please send me phone or email and I will turn you on to this product. If you are individual, I can not, becuase of the supplier's policies.

Ed
Old 08-04-2007, 09:56 PM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Just to let you and others know before you call. These are not cheap, They do not compare in price or quality to anything but the best from Crower and Isky.

These are not Comp Cams or Crane or Cheaper Crower, Herbert, Isky etc . I said they are lower cost than the best from Crower and from Isky, not their cheaper lines. You would use these in applications where it is necessary to buy Isky Red-Zone, Crower Hippo Cut-away, and even the Jesel. If you do not need a top quality lifter to handle excessive spring loads, and are trying to find a cheaper alternative to common streeam lifters, do not consider these. They will handle the spring loads a Jesel or LSM will but are a tie bar lifter. that has internal oiling for the roller and the body is cut-away to help clear pushrods.

Ed
Old 08-04-2007, 10:31 PM
KATAutomotive
SHOW GUEST

So this means you can't use a rev-kit?

and the body is cut-away to help clear pushrods.

Ed
Old 08-04-2007, 10:52 PM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Keith,
The ones I use are maximum effort. I promise that with 470 lbs on the seat and 1250 lbs open there is no need for a rev-kit. lol.

He may also havea full body lifter I have not tried to buy any.

To tell the truth I do not use rev-kits. My hydraulic roller engines rev to 6,900 rpm and might go higer if we tried. No need in trying becuase for the type of engines those are that is enough for a shift point.

I have recently toyed in my head with the rev-kit though. I have not used one since I was a kid when good springs were not avaliable. I have read some of Joe Sherman's postings about them, and I just might try one out in the fairly near future.

Ed