Strike Force BBC aluminum heads

Old 11-27-2011, 03:55 PM
markdunlap
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Strike Force BBC aluminum heads

Are the Strike Force BBC aluminum heads made in Austrailia the same as Pro Comp heads cast in China?? Or are the Pro Comp heads really cast in Austrailia?
Old 11-28-2011, 06:47 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I don't know about the strike force heads, but the ProComp heads are imported from China, by the owner of ProComp who lives in Australia. If you can see a set of strike force heads the easiest way too tell is check the head deck thickness. It will only be about 3/8" thick VS say Dart or Brodix will be 5/8" thick. The American built heads use a lot more Alum.

Zip.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:23 PM
markdunlap
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Strike

There is a set of Strike Force BBC heads in ad 2386750. Engine Parts, Heads.

They are repaired, welded. Wonder if it is in intake rocker stud/spring pocket area?

Looks like Pro Comps in pic. Can't see decks though.

Maybe we just need to weigh bare castings and let that be kinda a guideline.

I just weighed a Dart Pro 1 325 bare head @ 29# and a RHS/Pro Topline 320 @ 31#.

Wanna bet a Pro Comp is 5# lighter? I guess they all need to be weighed on same scale to tell for real.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:47 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I think the only heads cast in Australia are the RHS since they bought the factory there.

Zip.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:29 PM
edspring1
APPRENTICE

Default did you ever find out ?

I was just wondering if you ever found out about the Strike Force heads ? I am trying to keep in mind where all these "new" brand name alum heads are cast. I have no use what so ever for PC. Seen way too much damage even with Brand Name parts installed. Seems the real issue is the actual type of casting as well as the actual material used. Like building a house on a jello foundation. I have seen 3-4 'shops' selling their own brand name of head. I have pressured a few that have finally broke down and told me their heads were cast in the same foundry as PC but theirs are pressure cast and not sand cast like the PC. Sounds kinda hinkey to me. My preference is to stay as far away from PC as possible. Bare castings or complete makes no sense to chance a motor over a few bucks considering the reputation they have buy the real hands on race folks.
To each his own I guess.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:46 PM
markdunlap
DYNO OPERATOR

Default strike force

If you are in doubt about the original of or quality of material, then ask for the name of the foundry/manufacturing company and the complete address in the USA where it originates. No answer is the answer.

For crankshafts, heads, intakes, pistons, rocker arms, connecting rods, there are only a very few USA manufactures. But they all have an address and should be easy to verify.

If a head company doesn't think enough of its own product to sell it with only quality components, that doesn't say very much for the castings they make.

On the other hand, some quality USA manufacturers, do sell overseas products also. Manley H beam connecting rods were sold for years before anybody questioned the origin of the forging. But when Eagle, Scat, Joe Blow, started flooding the market, they were exposed. Reher Morrison still sells the Manley name H beam rods like they are USA made, in their engines and kits.( Just my opinion on this. Correct me if you have facts otherwise.)