Update on school battle

Old 01-19-2010, 09:57 AM
mooneye777
MASTER BUILDER

Default Update on school battle

I am airing this in as many places as possible. Here is a comunication E-mail with the school principal. For those that have read the original post reguarding my 14 year olds deal. After writing the principal a written letter that he recieved around Dec. 20th 2009. I have not gotten a response. Now I have found his email address , of all things. He is the founder of the bully task force at the school my son attends. And his response is as a bully would put it, ironic I think. For those who want to read the original post here is a link.
http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtopic.php?t=12889

Sent: Friday, January 15, 2010 4:08 AM
To: Beeker, John
Subject: Bullying

Its amazing I just ran across this email address. I have already written you a letter that was placed in your mail box, that you ignored. Among many other things, It had a situation written about a student threatening my son, and he was also shoved in the hall. He was verbally threatened in the office lobby by this bully the next day in front of your staff, nothing was said. Luckily there have been no further problems. Every person I have talked to about our situation, trust me about 500 now, says you have a disconnected attitude when talking with parents, this now seems to be true as my opinion also. You can only avoid me for so long, but sooner or later you will have to talk to me. I apologize for coming off so harsh but I have waited since before Christmas break to talk to you or someone. Please let me know at your convenience when a good time to have a talk could be. Again I apologize for sounding so harsh that is not my intention.

Thank You, Joel Johannsen

---------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: RE: Bullying
To: "joel johannsen" <[email protected]>
Date: Friday, January 15, 2010, 7:55 AM

I find it amazing that 500 people would say that. My reputation is the door is always open and parents feel comfortable talking with me. You are the 1st person in my 15 years as an administrator that said I am disconnected. I have heard you are too strict or you are more concerned about what the students say than the parents or

I am the person who placed the anti bullying model at McCutcheon High School . I meet with 25 students monthly to talk about bullying and diversity. I have personally talked with over 25 students who have been bullied in some form this year and of those 25, 16 parents and students have thanked our group for what they have done.

I will organize a meeting with Doug Patterson and you next week. ( he told me you were fine with the decision and signed the agreement shortly after it was given to you ) How about Tuesday at 9:30 or Wednesday at 1:30 ?

“you have talked with 500 people and they all said I was disconnected” ? Before next week, I will probably ask a few people about your personality and how you are as a parent. As you can tell, I do not appreciate this accusation.

Let me know what day you can meet.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Sunday, January 17, 2010 9:46 AM
To: Beeker, John
Subject: RE: Bullying

Wednesday is fine, my statement as 500 people meant that was the number of people I have talked to about this issue. The number of people who have delt with you already of coarse is not that high. But the people that have dealt with you did tell me I am wasting my time. As it apears I am now wasting my time, as you already angry and I can tell how this is going to go. Your professional status should put you in a neutral stance with any comment made by you. Mr. Patterson is onece again not being truthful, we signed nothing.

---------------------------------------------------------

Flag this messageRE: BullyingSunday, January 17, 2010 6:31 PMFrom: "Beeker, John" <[email protected]>Add sender to ContactsTo: "joel johannsen" <[email protected]>Joel

See you on Wednesday. With any meeting that I organize, I never go into it thinking it will be a waste of time. My only point of emphasis with my email is judging me even though you do not know me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

His last statement I think he is covering his tracks after the statements he made in response to me at first.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:16 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Have you written a letter to the editor of your towns newspaper ?

Take an attorney with you or someone who is willing to be in court with you. The more witnesses the better.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:57 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I agree with double D , You need to get this out to the media as soon as possibable :!: :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 01-19-2010, 08:01 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

media!!!! and a serious lawyer!!! 8) 8)
Old 01-20-2010, 07:04 AM
mooneye777
MASTER BUILDER

I have not went to the papers yet, I am sending it to state senators, mayors, congress members, TV stations. I have got a call back from our state senator last week. He claims he will jump in Febuary if we can not get any help, time will tell. I will be tape recording the conversation today. I know its not admisable in court, but if it can cause him greif with his boss, bonus points anyways.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:48 AM
CustomTanks
SENIOR BUILDER

If I can help anyway let me know.