Finally its time to race

Old 06-23-2007, 07:03 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Mark,

Wipe that s**t eatin grin off yer face and tell us how fun it was and what kind of times ya ran.

Are you still shakin in the legs?

Tell us, tell us, tell us....we gotta know and the suspencew is killin us.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:01 AM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

Some good news and ets that sucked, having a tag trailer, I LIKE IT, My duramax, 65 miles an hr, air on,steep hills no problem, blazer looks good, even sounds good, but I have lots to learn on tuneup. My carb is almost as fat as me, ofF the line, If I would have hammered it, It would have died, also on top end falling on its ass, needs smaller jets, more advance. MY blazer, will be a lot of fun, If fat boy can learn to tune it, I went down to 12lbs in slicks , that all felt good, went straight ets sucked 15.10 , 14.51, 14.52 and late at night ran a 15.19 I got my feet wet, But thats not what is going to make me happy, I need to learn how to get that motor running right!!!!!!! 4yrs ago I went 13.80, today I went 14.51, I never babied this thing, If it would have been running right, First pass would have been to the floor all the way, Its 3am time for bed
Old 06-24-2007, 04:38 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Well at least you got out and now you have something to go by.

How was the weather?

So did the carb seem to have a dead spot off the line?

What intake do you have?

How much timing are you running?

Like me, I know each time out you will get faster, it just takes time to work the little bugs out.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:50 PM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

Well big boy glad you had fun...You deserve it after all the effort and money you have put out...Now get that Lil Blazer tuned and go again...Remember we talked about how much fun you would have after you got it dialed in..Your Pig in the sunshine
Old 06-25-2007, 04:21 AM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by spib
Some good news and ets that sucked, having a tag trailer, I LIKE IT, My duramax, 65 miles an hr, air on,steep hills no problem, blazer looks good, even sounds good, but I have lots to learn on tuneup. My carb is almost as fat as me, ofF the line, If I would have hammered it, It would have died, also on top end falling on its a$$, needs smaller jets, more advance. MY blazer, will be a lot of fun, If fat boy can learn to tune it, I went down to 12lbs in slicks , that all felt good, went straight ets sucked 15.10 , 14.51, 14.52 and late at night ran a 15.19 I got my feet wet, But thats not what is going to make me happy, I need to learn how to get that motor running right!!!!!!! 4yrs ago I went 13.80, today I went 14.51, I never babied this thing, If it would have been running right, First pass would have been to the floor all the way, Its 3am time for bed
Spib
Post the jet sizes in your carb, cfm of carb and timing you were running.
It sounds like the timing may be way off. I'm sure the guys on here will get you going. More info the better. It takes a while to line stuff out. This is were the fun starts.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:04 AM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

Ill have more info, wensday night, work next two days, there are some things wrong for sure
Old 06-25-2007, 03:50 PM
etbird
MASTER BUILDER

Well atleast you got to the track. All you have to do now is test test test.