anybody want a good laugh

Old 12-20-2007, 04:44 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

BJ if you remember it used to be like that, 10.49 and lower, 10.50 to 11.99, and 12.00 to 13.99, then slower. That was in the 80's. I ran my 65 Chevelle in bracket 2 it ran 11.50's and was track champion in 85/86. I liked it that way and for the most part never ran against a rail.

JMO

Zip.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:07 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

If you ran up against a rail in your days..IT WAS THE GUARD RAIL...LOL..

You Zip are a Pioneer to the sport of drag racing..i do not mean to make you embarrassed or angry..but many people on here ( RJ) DO NOT KNOW who you are and what you have accomplished in this sport...i Know who you are and where you came from....What makes you a speacial breed from back in those days..is that you were one of the dinosaurs that was able to evlove and adapt to this so -called bracket racing error...that alone says a lot of your versatility knowing where you came from...

I DO NOT participate in any type of bracket racing..but i am lucky enough to attend a track that holds the 5.99/6.99/7.99 index racing along with their bracket program..

as far as the rails are concerned..i too see them being on another playing field..there is a reason for the old 10% set back rule in door cars..well the rear engine rail blows those rules out of the water to the 100th power..

there is a place for rails in the index heads up world....make it a 5.39 and a 4.99 index open to all cars...IMO a true 4.99 door car will handle a 4.99 rail car majority of the time anyway..( i got my reasons for this but i do not want to step on any toes here).

Outside of wanting to see the index racing take completly over..i would also like to see the old rule of CI per Body weight come back..i feel this was really a fair way for the BB vs SB competition..

its almost embarrasing to come to the track with your branch new 565ci motor..and the annoucer says over the pa.....and here is the Beetlejuice with his new Par small Big block motor....Geeeez,,,now a 632 is being considered a mid-size motor..LOL...

ci per body weight and lets see what your made of

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 12-20-2007, 05:42 PM
proregal
APPRENTICE

I would not care to run any class at bristol just as long as they had a class I could run this the olny track I have seen that will not let a real drag car on the track it should be called bristol streetway!!! heads up, brack racing, index I dont care they will not let us in the gate you got to have street tires, mufflers, tags and ins. the biggest damn joke I have every seen and the bad part is I love bristol racing!!
Old 12-20-2007, 10:44 PM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

i AGREE W/ pro regal, street wars or whatever it is SUCKS, Im going to try top sportsman racing, its a fast " bracket class" I having run some comp eliminator class racing, WOULD LOVE CI TO WEIGHT to come back !! that I agree w/ bj. Mufflers suck too. My 02cts. Racing is tough for tracks,racers, everyone.thanks,David.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:28 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by proregal
I would not care to run any class at bristol just as long as they had a class I could run this the olny track I have seen that will not let a real drag car on the track it should be called bristol streetway!!! heads up, brack racing, index I dont care they will not let us in the gate you got to have street tires, mufflers, tags and ins. the biggest damn joke I have every seen and the bad part is I love bristol racing!!
ProRegal it sounds to me you are experiencing some of the NHRA rules and regulations that many of us hate,,( see the NHRA rules thread)...

hey whatever you like,weather its bracket racing,footracing,boat racing,slot car racing....hey go for it if it makes you happy..we all deserve this happiness from our sport we love.

i would like to leave one last thought for people to get a mental picture.
Welcome to 2010 Powerade NHRA Southern Nationals

"Commentary on SpeedVision"...all fabricated.THANK GOD !

John Force was a little off his dial in yesterdays round however after his Buyback he feels if he rolls a little more in his delay box the castrol team will be a top contender...but waaaaaatch out for come back Kenny he has been on his dial in all day long...and he still has his buy back option........to bad we had to say goodbye to Jim Head Yesterday for running a record setting ET at a 4.39 at 352mph...he missed his dial in by 0.009..and ashley Force advanced with a 5.50et...perfect dial in..! :shock:
Imagine this ! :shock:

i am just having a little fun here.....No harm intended

everyone have a Merry Christmas

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 12-21-2007, 05:42 AM
Gearhead68z
APPRENTICE

I go to paradise in calhoun, Ga. It's been family operated since 1961 and almost every weekend ya crank at 12 when church gets out, T/0 till 2:00, and then bracket starts and alot of the street cars join in the bracket racing. It's fun everybody their volunteers to work, 21 cars in foot brake 10 in pro, and about 30 T/o cars. Pretty much we make minimum 15 passes to 30.