Darts new SHP block

Old 12-15-2009, 05:33 AM
hink
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by zipper06
ops: ops: ops: ,

Sorry Carl/guys i was asleep at the wheel on that. I can't delete the post but i removed it.

Zip.
I though you had me on that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-16-2009, 04:23 PM
TheEngineer
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by zipper06
I
Hey Warren, didn't you know you could have bought a 2 piece adaptor for the crank you sold for less than $25.00.?

JMO

Zip.
Actually, I didn't know that! I need some photos to see how that adapter works. The 1-piece cranks have that really large rear hub the seal slips over.

But, I've got me a new Little-M 427 stroker put togeter for next season. Selling that 1-Piece rear seal crank helped pay some on the new engine.

Warren
Old 12-16-2009, 04:47 PM
DRTRCR22
EXPERT BUILDER

Warren, the 2 to 1 adapter is machined in two pieces, and comes apart to put the two piece seal inside of the adapter top and bottom.
Then you bolt the adapter together around the two piece crank rear journal with included allen head bolts.
Then set the entire assembly into the one piece block and bolt you other main caps in.
Then bolt the adapter in place just like the one piece flange cover would normally bolt in.
Easy and clever way to retro cross your old crank into a new block.
Jim