Darts reduced pricing on the Little-M blocks

Old 09-25-2009, 10:43 AM
hink
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Darts reduced pricing on the Little-M blocks

Just to let every one know that Dart is reducing the jobber price of the Little-M billet cap block 300.00 and the Little-M Sportsman block 200.00 October 1st through December 31,2009
Old 09-25-2009, 09:12 PM
supergass
JUNIOR BUILDER

hey thanks for the info, I was thinking of buying one at the first of the month.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:40 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Carl,

Do you think that the price reduction has anything to do with the flooding of the market with the chinese blks? i certainly hope not. I know i can buy the Chinese blk for less than $1,000.00 and they guarentee the hardness to be above 187 on the birnel hardness scale, or they will buy it back and pay the shipping (no it's not a PBM blk)
Zip.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:13 AM
hink
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by zipper06
Hey Carl,

Do you think that the price reduction has anything to do with the flooding of the market with the chinese blks? i certainly hope not. I know i can buy the Chinese blk for less than $1,000.00 and they guarentee the hardness to be above 187 on the birnel hardness scale, or they will buy it back and pay the shipping (no it's not a PBM blk)
Zip.
I am sure it will hurt the sales of the Chinese blocks for sure but with the cam tunnel issues with .200 of material missing on the bottom sode of the lifter bores you may have a problem with exposing the oil band of the lifter, and the front of the block needs to be machined .020 on the block I have and having the lifter bores off a half of a degree is not good as well.

The block I have I will give it away but its a soft one I can tell you that as when I tried to line hone it all it would do is load the stones up I had to keep dressing the stones.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:20 AM
hink
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by zipper06
Hey Carl,

Zip.
Darts SHP block tests at 195 on the brnnel scale and the Little and Big-Ms brinell test in the 230 area making them a lot stronger and wear resistant then a block at 187
Old 09-26-2009, 07:44 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I'm not going to buy one or sell one but there are a number of people around the US pushing them pretty hard, both on ebay and other outlets.

Zip.