Street/Strip

Old 09-09-2009, 04:49 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by blowninjected540
Running around on the street with my Red chevelle all the kids want to race.( Never DO) ops: They have no idea pulling up to some True American Muscel with a rice burnner. Come On :lol:
Man that is SOOO true... little BS rice-cake cars that want to race. It is a TRIP driving my 69 Camaro on the street sometimes... it is like they have no idea what a true hot rod is capable of. Reminds me of a chiwawa picking a fight w/ a pit bull or something... I never risk completely wiping them off the road anymore... not worth it... not even worth the rubber loss on my slicks. That Opel accident/article was sobering & really made me think how easy it can happen... life would never be the same again.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:55 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
Originally Posted by blowninjected540
Running around on the street with my Red chevelle all the kids want to race.( Never DO) ops: They have no idea pulling up to some True American Muscel with a rice burnner. Come On :lol:
Man that is SOOO true... little BS rice-cake cars that want to race. It is a TRIP driving my 69 Camaro on the street sometimes... it is like they have no idea what a true hot rod is capable of. Reminds me of a chiwawa picking a fight w/ a pit bull or something... I never risk completely wiping them off the road anymore... not worth it... not even worth the rubber loss on my slicks. That Opel accident/article was sobering & really made me think how easy it can happen... life would never be the same again.
Oh it doesnt even have to be American muscle they do that too. They do that to me all the time also. Just because I have a "fast" looking car.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:20 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

Always both, Heck sometime I have been known to drive my door car down to the local hamburger joint for chits and grins
Old 09-10-2009, 03:44 AM
CamBirdRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

My ex-wife wouldn't let me build my 68 Firebird for hte street, only to race. At least I still have my drivers liscense.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:02 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

the fast and stupid movies arent drag racing.i too hate them movies.some dumb kid watches them then goes out and gets in his rice burner and presto hes van desil. i still drag race on the street. on a country road with no driveways no houses nothing. both ends blocked.and nobody beside the road watching.i still do burnouts at stop lites and signs.i still lope my way around the parking lots.ive been pulled over by the law and just have them look at the car.ive been warned a bunch of times. but never caught doin anything wrong.(not since 98 anyway). but just the way i look gets me pulled over lol. i do not think racin on the street is very smart, but i can not help myself sometimes. its like ive gone back in time. the only way i can describe it is to say american graffitey.i quit going to the track when it cost more to go than my shop lite bill.but some day it will cost me everything of that im sure.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:48 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
the fast and stupid movies arent drag racing.i too hate them movies.some dumb kid watches them then goes out and gets in his rice burner and presto hes van desil. i still drag race on the street. on a country road with no driveways no houses nothing. both ends blocked.and nobody beside the road watching.i still do burnouts at stop lites and signs.i still lope my way around the parking lots.ive been pulled over by the law and just have them look at the car.ive been warned a bunch of times. but never caught doin anything wrong.(not since 98 anyway). but just the way i look gets me pulled over lol. i do not think racin on the street is very smart, but i can not help myself sometimes. its like ive gone back in time. the only way i can describe it is to say american graffitey.i quit going to the track when it cost more to go than my shop lite bill.but some day it will cost me everything of that im sure.
The police do not like the loud cars w/ slicks & a switch on back.... I think that switch is what got the cop looking at my car @ a light... he asked me why it was there too. He told me: (Oregon DMV law) "You are not required to have a windshield, but you must a minimum of a drivers windshield wiper" The cop did laugh about that. I do understand that temptation of a good race on the street Ken... but not by a 99' Acura Integra w/a FART Box on the back!! LOL!! Gimmie somethin good ya know???
Old 09-10-2009, 04:53 PM
shybx1969
MASTER BUILDER

Wish you guys could be at the adirondack nats this weekend/lotsa hotrods/customs/sleds/you name it its here till sun...
Old 09-10-2009, 05:01 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Just a strip car now. Had both but sold my '66 Nova to finance my 540 BBC and acouple other things. You can view both in my profile gallery pics. I sure miss the '66 at times though. It turned alot of heads.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:58 PM
russ67chevelle
EXPERT BUILDER

i dont go out often, but i live on the east side of town and take it out of town to test the tires, ive gone 8.66 running way fat on a 275 shot

what is street legal? in my opinion running 93 octane gas, dot tires and decent exhaust oh also 3 inch cowl max.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:07 PM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

Drove my blown alky ride up to the local car cruises 10 miles away many times. Took 20+ gallons of alky to get it there and back home.

Probably woulda took less, but ya gotta set it up fat for the surge if you're gonna drive it.

Used to love tail gaters. A/C units don't filter out alky fumes!!!

Nothing like being able to light up the meats at 55 MPH by rolling into the throttle.

Somewhere out there, I know there's video of me pulling the wheels in front of McDonalds...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -