Enclosed trl question?

Old 03-28-2008, 10:14 AM
sc4405
JUNIOR BUILDER

Hadn't been on in a few days, but overall I am happy with the Raptor trailer, by rolling the axles it just means that they can order the axles from the manuf. with more of a rake angle (back) when looking at them from the hub end. It lowers the trailer ground clearance and gives a better loading angle on the ramp door. Downside is you have to put the bogie wheels on the back so you don't drag it every time you go through a dip. The extra height is just that, they add 6" or 12" to the overall height of the sidewalls and you get a longer door, hence shallower slope. Being that you have a doorcar, I would order the longest (at least 7') and shallowest (3-4") beavertail they can build. Only downside to beavertail is it could limit your market when you go to sell it - dragster guys need flat floors. If I had it to do over again I would order the interior naked - I have already had to take some of it out to add things and I could have insulated, wired,plumbed, and built the cabinets to suit me. Make sure you get the long motorhome tongue and wide side door. Good luck! 8) JB And yes I have friends with Haulmark and this is a better trailer IMHO.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:24 PM
bbb555
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by sc4405
Hadn't been on in a few days, but overall I am happy with the Raptor trailer, by rolling the axles it just means that they can order the axles from the manuf. with more of a rake angle (back) when looking at them from the hub end. It lowers the trailer ground clearance and gives a better loading angle on the ramp door. Downside is you have to put the bogie wheels on the back so you don't drag it every time you go through a dip. The extra height is just that, they add 6" or 12" to the overall height of the sidewalls and you get a longer door, hence shallower slope. Being that you have a doorcar, I would order the longest (at least 7') and shallowest (3-4") beavertail they can build. Only downside to beavertail is it could limit your market when you go to sell it - dragster guys need flat floors. If I had it to do over again I would order the interior naked - I have already had to take some of it out to add things and I could have insulated, wired,plumbed, and built the cabinets to suit me. Make sure you get the long motorhome tongue and wide side door. Good luck! 8) JB And yes I have friends with Haulmark and this is a better trailer IMHO.
I ordered the raptor before reading your post and it sounds as tho i did order it right. I added the side door,gen door and had them turn the axles. Also,i added a extra vent and had the front one framed and wired for a air-con later down the line.It will have the 48 inch door and 50 amp electric box. It should work out ok..Forgot it's screwless as well.Thanks for the in-put.Bill