what sbc motor is best for my street stock race car

Old 05-19-2012, 08:18 AM
jmm06racing
SHOW GUEST

Default what sbc motor is best for my street stock race car

I'm getting ready to have a motor built for my Monte carlo street stock,I don't know much about motors but what would be the better small block Chevy to have built? Thanks
Old 05-22-2012, 04:26 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

street stock,?need alot more info.what you trying to build for?
Old 05-24-2012, 07:21 PM
sds10racer
MASTER BUILDER

the local guys around here build the biggest cid the rules allow. what are the other guys running that you can talk to. what sanctioning body the track following, if any?
Old 05-24-2012, 10:00 PM
jmm06racing
SHOW GUEST

They are running Chevy 400 blocks,I'm not sure What all They have done to them or how big Theyve made them,iv heard that the bigger you go with them the more They over heat and have trouble,I don't know much about motors but basically I want something in the middle of big and competitive yet reliable?
Old 05-25-2012, 06:17 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Is this on dirt or pavement ?

It sounds to me that you are a newby to circle track racing. Stay with a bone stock and totally reliable and consistent 350 and LEARN HOW to race. It's just natural to build a 'competitive' engine and go slay the dragons when you first start out, but it ain't gonna happen, kiddo. The learning curve is steep and you need your basic racing skills sharpened BEFORE you go hunting those dragons. Been there, done that, got lots of T shirts ! Driving a smooth and consistent line is a LOT more faster than uncontrolled horsepower. You do the above and you'll not get disappointed and quit because you are frustrated with not finishing well or breaking stuff.

Remember, racing is all about FUN, when it stops being fun, it's time to change something.
Old 05-26-2012, 03:44 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

ONE FOR DD.!!!listen to him, hes alot smarter than we give him credit for lol
Old 05-26-2012, 04:27 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

X2 DD
Old 05-27-2012, 09:59 AM
DRTRCR22
EXPERT BUILDER

X 3 for DD... I can testify from 30 years experience, and now up in a full blown modified.
Before you go buy/build a killer engine... go buy two eggs... put one under the gas pedal, and one under the brake pedal... easy on... easy off...!
I have seen many very smooth drivers with small engine cars beat the pants off the big buck spenders with insane powerplants.
If you are running IMCA, USRA or any other specific rulebook you better memorize those rules inside out... as a bad azz car with a killer motor is of little consequence when you are black flagged and DQd...!