Something I see..

Old 10-29-2011, 09:46 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mopar1968
Well to begin with, There isn't anything on Ron's website about tall valve covers like the one's he ordered. He should have ask before ordering them. Ron has tried to get the builder to do something about it. Do you think Summit,Jegs would refund his money? They do not do cash refunds check with them. They will replace the part and that's it. Which is what Ron has tried to do.Sounds like you have a sour taste in your mouth also, Did you order the wrong part also? Ron is beating a dead horse by trying to get the builder to do something. He can't get him to answer the phone. Ron try and get this whinner his money so he can go somewhere else.

Mark
I do believe you are referring to me. If not, I apologise in advance. If so, yes, I too have had a bad experience with him. It was not a 'wrong' part I ordered, but one I called and asked him specifically about, since I had reservations about it and was assured it would fit. Since you and others seem to have had a wonderful dealing relationship with him, I kept quiet, in the hopes that it was just a one time thing. By doing so, I feel I let HR51gto down. You, mopar ,have your experiences to go on, but I also have my own. And, my opinion, as well as any others that differ with yours, should carry the same weight on this board...
Old 10-30-2011, 06:30 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Now i see someone has started another thread beating a dead horse :!:

Mark
NO ... I started a thread stating .... let the truth sort out stuff, do not lock it because you know someone.

We all know Ron is a good guy but in all fairness if you were the buyer you'd feel different. Even as a forum and knowing Ron you can NOT tell the buyer he is downing Ron, as from his shoes he doesnt know Ron from anyone and feels as if he is getting the run around. Which we all can see is kind of happening but at no fault of Ron.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:38 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Well to begin with, There isn't anything on Ron's website about tall valve covers like the one's he ordered. He should have ask before ordering them. Ron has tried to get the builder to do something about it. Do you think Summit,Jegs would refund his money? They do not do cash refunds check with them. They will replace the part and that's it. Which is what Ron has tried to do.Sounds like you have a sour taste in your mouth also, Did you order the wrong part also? Ron is beating a dead horse by trying to get the builder to do something. He can't get him to answer the phone. Ron try and get this whinner his money so he can go somewhere else.

Mark

Whinner .. thats just wrong. If you think what has happened to this guy is ok and he has no right to complain (or be a whinner) and get on here you are flat wrong.

In a good business the customer is always right and you make them happy sometimes at your cost. I deal with people all the time in the racing and non racing world selling parts/cars and making someone wait this long to make it right is just bad business. What sets the big companies such as Jegs and Summit apart is they can refund/replace parts in a few minutes, why because its good business to make the customer happy.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:02 AM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

two very good post hammer... very valid points :wink:
Old 10-30-2011, 07:33 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

X2...EXACTLEY HAMMER ON ALL POINTS YOU MADE. RON SEEMS TO EXPLAIN HIS SIDE WELL & SEEMS TO INTEND TO TAKE CARE OF THE PROBLEM....LET IT PLAY OUT , IF ITS RESOLVED PROPERLY IT WILL SHOW THE KIND OF SELLER HE IS....LOCKING THREADS CREATES DOUBT & LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE IS BEING PROTECTED....IM SURE THE SELLER WOULD NOT WANT THAT TO BE THE CASE...JMO
Old 10-30-2011, 07:44 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Do you think Summit,Jegs would refund his money? They do not do cash refunds check with them. They will replace the part and that's it.
They sure do. Stop there several times a month and with a new car on order it will be a couple times a week. They give you your money back if the product is not right. The only product that has any stipulation on returns are wheels and tires once mounted.

I don't think you can call this guy a whinner and I believe it was confirmed his order was correct but possibly the wrong thing shipped. I think he has been pretty patient waiting this long and still giving Ron the chance to get this straight.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:24 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I have been waiting on parts from Year One for my Challenger for months. I work at a dealership and i know most times when you can't get the parts is because of the vendor. ''You know the people that makes them''The parts have been paid for online but you don't see me jumping up and down over them.

Mark
Old 10-30-2011, 02:49 PM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

'The parts have been paid for online but you don't see me jumping up and down over them.

Mark
well... i guess you dont need them as bad as he needs his valve covers then :wink: ron...joe...paul...frank... i dont care who you are... when you run a business.... customer service is everything..... and if you plan on staying around... need to remember the customer is always right :wink:
Old 10-30-2011, 03:19 PM
HR51gto
APPRENTICE

The valve cover are not coming on a boat from china !!!!!
Old 10-31-2011, 10:33 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by HR51gto
The valve cover are not coming on a boat from china !!!!!
So you would hope... how DO YOU REALLY know China is not tooling up for those... they are getting better @ machine & production these days. Vendor saves: immediate 11% excise, labor, etc.... you never know... 10 months???? Nahhh... it's gotta be something else holding them up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -