NEW PINKS...LOL

Old 12-02-2010, 09:53 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
Money and a walk to the bank ain't all there is in racing. It's the FUN factor first and foremost, then the camaraderie, the CHALLENGE of doing well with a thousand pieces of steel that YOU assembled, fine tuned, and RAN.
bingo :!: :!:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 12-02-2010, 09:56 AM
JEFF69Z28
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by Tod74
I am ashamed to admit I watched that whole video clip. ops:

I was waiting for someone to pull out a gun.
X2,LMAO
Old 12-02-2010, 06:04 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks Brian, Merry Christmas to you and family :!: :!: And i didn't know this about ''ZIP'' congrats ''ZIP'' You tha man :!: :!:
Old 12-02-2010, 06:59 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks Mopar, i gotta tell you that i have a friend just down the road about 15 miles that runs a Demon/Duster with a 360 on gas that can run SG/ 9.90 all day long and the car is not butchered, but she normally runs with a throttle stop and runs 6.50's in the 1/8 mi. This way she doesn't need and NHRA lic. I can tell you that she is very competative and wins a lot. Her and her husband have been running the car about 20 yrs and she's a white haired grandmother and some of the best people on this planet. Her son runs a Dart but not as quick.

Zip.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:34 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Money and a walk to the bank ain't all there is in racing. It's the FUN factor first and foremost, then the camaraderie, the CHALLENGE of doing well with a thousand pieces of steel that YOU assembled, fine tuned, and RAN.

Zip, you remind me of Burt Monroe(Worlds fastest Indian,which I've watched a dozen or more times) and the Hudson Hornet in Cars the movie !!
Absolutely right, it's never been about the money, i've raced since i was 16 yrs. old ( DD burt Monroe is my hero also i loved the movie and yes i have a copy of it )
I've not made a lot of money in racing in fact i've spent a lot more than i've made, but i would not trade any part of it/ racing for the experience's i've had and the people that i have met at the races and camaraderie of other racers.
One of the most embarressing situations in my life is that i've never had a wife who supportated my racing. My first wife of 14 yrs. as i can recall only came to the track 3 times, my second wife of 10 yrs. never saw me race. I can tell anyone who is young that if you are considering getting married and you are a racer make shure she's into racing or i'll guarentte it will cause heartaces in the future. I can't tell you number of times that i've gone too the track by myself with no help unless i was lucky enough to part next to a friend. I've been divorced since 1982 and i can tell you i still go to the track by myself most of the time. So racing can be a lonely world, unless you have support from a spouse, and i applaude those special ladies who do support them in racing, i just wish i would have or could find one myself.

Zip.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:42 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I can say i have run at pinks here at Bristol Dragway and it is a joke :!: All about the show and cameras not racers, This idiot knows nothing about dragracing or the cars running :!: JMO Mark
Old 12-02-2010, 08:04 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I wonder how much the Pinks punk knows about foot racing ?!
In my eyes, you are no authority to be a judge of ANYthing unless you've actually done it yourself.........
Old 12-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Big409
CRAFTSMAN

In my eyes, you are no authority to be a judge of ANYthing unless you've actually done it yourself.........

Not real sure why you guys hate him so much. Jealous I don't know. If its not about the cash, why is every one of his shows sold out. Ok mabe people want on TV but the $10,000.00 has a lot to do with it. This is just my opinion. So go on start kicking the crap out of me.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:03 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

knowbody is going to kick you. :lol: everybody is intitled to there opinion. richs appeal is with non racers, not racers. like all reality shows his show has little in common with drag racing or racers. but if it gets more people interested in our sport thats a good thing, gets them to our tracks as spectators , it makes more likley some tracks might be able to stay in buisness, or come to the track and learn what real racers are and enter our hobby. no, I dont like rich but.....
Old 12-03-2010, 08:23 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Big409

Not real sure why you guys hate him so much. Jealous I don't know. If its not about the cash, why is every one of his shows sold out. Ok mabe people want on TV but the $10,000.00 has a lot to do with it. This is just my opinion. So go on start kicking the crap out of me.
Jealous, i doubt that, there are people on this site that could buy and sell Rich Christon (not me) my problem with him is that he runs the show to his benifit for the camera (eye candy) Case in point 2 or 3 yrs. ago at Memphis, the lights was only working in 1 lane the first day (no Rich that day) the second and final day he doesn't show up until 3:00PM and decides to turn off the cameras and runs the race first to the strip wins, we all know that a lot of the rascers run nitrous and can run faster than they qualify, they also cut the payoff to less than half because more than half of the racers left before the 2 nd day, but he had their entry fee in the bank. Another point at Shreeveport/Red River 4 or 5 of my friends went to the race They payed $100.00 entry fee for 3 runs to qualify, they got one run and everyone was too fast in the end they all ran in the 8's in the QTR. so they paid $100.00 to watch a race that ran what he chose 10.00 second cars, Sure he had 400 entries at that race and all the entry fees. This is not about real racing, it's about money for him.

409, you need to go the track and get some seat time to find out what real racing is all about and then you will realise what most of us are saying here on the forum.

JMO

Zip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -