Gutted the interior

Old 02-18-2012, 07:23 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Chris. what did you use to clean the already dyed dash before re-dying it with the sem. My 79 Elky was dyed (when new) in 1988 and is now sun faded. the rest of my interior,seats, door panels and carpet are cloth/nylon, sun faded. I'm going to try to use the interior paint on them. The door panels are not sun faded so i have a color match to work with.

Zip.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:29 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Zip if its just faded and not peeling off just scrub it down good with some enamel reducer, I rubbed mine down about 3 different times just to be safe. Apply the dye in real light coats. I put about 6 coats of black and then applied about 3 coats of the clear. I am still amazed at how everything turned out!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 02-19-2012, 08:55 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by harbone66
Zip if its just faded and not peeling off just scrub it down good with some enamel reducer, I rubbed mine down about 3 different times just to be safe. Apply the dye in real light coats. I put about 6 coats of black and then applied about 3 coats of the clear. I am still amazed at how everything turned out!
Not peeling just faded.

Thanks

Zip.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:47 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Long week, got home and pulled the car in the main garage. Changed the oil, replaced the spark plugs and installed my radiator overflow bottle

Wish I would have taken some pics of the console before I started dying it. It was blue, had a few spots that needed repair vinyl, a 3M vinyl repair kit worked great. Used some Gorilla Glue to fix the cracked plastic at the rear of the console. That stuff works great! I have a rebuilt stock slap shifter coming and a new GM shifter bezel.

Hopefully the rest of my shifter parts, console bucket and lid show up this week.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:33 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Trim rings cleaned up and installed. Car looks completely different than it did 8 weeks ago.

Before

After

Good night gentlemen

Old 02-25-2012, 07:32 AM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Bone that car looks killer great job a lot of work but look at the outcome WOW love it.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:31 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks Ron!
In Illinois theres not much to do over the winter months but work on my car. Been at it the last 7 out of 8 weekends. I have been ebaying a bunch of my buddies Harley and car parts the last couple of months and made enough money to pretty much pay for all the parts I have purchased so far. The labor I enjoy and I like seeing the final results. Hopefully all the rest of my console and shifter parts will get here this week. The next big purchase is new seat upholstery. Cant wait to take her out on the first test drive soon!

Old 02-27-2012, 07:43 AM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

I bet you cant wait. at least it is getting warm now and you will be able to cruise her a lot i know i would you have done a fantastic job on it .
It is one to be proud of for sure.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:57 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

IT IS A SWEEEET CAMARO ---AND YOU HAVE ADDED ALOT OF YOUR OWN TOUCHES TO IT 8) 8)
Old 03-03-2012, 09:22 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Good looking ride . . You did good! . . .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -