TransBrake Problem Need Help

Old 07-10-2009, 07:18 AM
andybyrd
MASTER BUILDER

Well I ran all the wires again and they are like you say they should be. what I did just to see if it is a weak spring I put a very simple outside return spring on it and now when I hit the button and release it it releases NOW so I'm going to try that Saturday. But If the pro brake is released buy fluid preasure and I don't have enough preasure to release it without the spring. then even when I release it with a spring it may be slow to react. do to lack of fluid preasure would that be true or false, Thanks guys this forum is very informative and great learning place,
Andy Byrd
Old 07-10-2009, 07:29 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by andybyrd
Well I ran all the wires again and they are like you say they should be. what I did just to see if it is a weak spring I put a very simple outside return spring on it and now when I hit the button and release it it releases NOW so I'm going to try that Saturday. But If the pro brake is released buy fluid preasure and I don't have enough preasure to release it without the spring. then even when I release it with a spring it may be slow to react. do to lack of fluid preasure would that be true or false, Thanks guys this forum is very informative and great learning place,
Andy Byrd
Andy if you didn't have at least 150lb of pressure your clutches would slip. You could be a little lower than than you should. But in my opinion your plunger or your valve body is sticking.
You can check your pressure by removing the plug on your sirvo cover, and putting a guage on it. Should be at least 190lb. You may burn up your solenoid by using the spring on the outside.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:47 PM
andybyrd
MASTER BUILDER

Thank you Mr Parker I never thought of burning up the solenoid but I see what you mean. so what I did just to check for sticking was. I put just enough spring tension on it to come back out to prevent any sticking. if it gives me 3 perfect launch's I'm taking the out side spring off and try that, and I'll post yall the results tomorrow Night, and again Thanks to all yall on here yall are great,
Andy Byrd
Old 07-21-2009, 09:17 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Well Andy, just looking for a status report. How did your trans do?
Old 08-06-2009, 06:51 AM
andybyrd
MASTER BUILDER

Hey, Guys sorry for not replying back sooner. I've been out of town. But I'm going racing this Saturday and I will let you know what Happens. If it don't work this time its comming out. I can set in my drive way and hit the button at low rpm's and release it and it works perfect everytime but I'll have to see it work @4000 rpm before I believe its fixed. I'll post it Sunday.
Thanks for asking Dean
Andy.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:29 PM
andybyrd
MASTER BUILDER

Ok. it went perfect 3 times. 4th time Transbrake completely gone no reverse and when I went to the tree and push the button and floored it. it took off like there was brake at all. and the button is going in and out so its comming out today for a redo. Thank all you guys for all yalls Help
Andy
Old 09-07-2009, 10:55 AM
andybyrd
MASTER BUILDER

well guys just to keep you informed for all the help you all gave me .
I decided not to pull the trans out because when I got home it worked perfect. so I bought another solenoid { coan } and put a new spring in side over the valve and it works perfect now. thanks guys for all yalls help.
Andy
Old 09-08-2009, 06:16 PM
gsjohnny
APPRENTICE

i would like some help on a similar isue with my p/g.
we just got the 2nd car going and everything was working. t/brk, launch AND reverse. next day, no t/b or rev. pulled apart the solenoid, it was fried. bought a new one. installed it. on t/b, the car creeps foward and still no reverse. any ideas?

thanks
john
Old 09-09-2009, 12:32 PM
andybyrd
MASTER BUILDER

When you pull the solenoid take a little magnet and see if the valve will come out. then see if it has a spring around it or in it . coans brake valve has a spring in the back of it and mine has a spring around it. I heard here that some don't have springs they work off presure. I.m not very smart on trannys but I will try to figure them out. clean off your valve when you take it out and check the spring tension. it sounds like my problem. the same thing happened to me last week @ a race just a little reverse and no brake. when I hit the Brake button and floored it and we went red and flew down the track. that was the 2nd solenoid. so I put the new coan in it and now it works perfect. I hope this will help you I know how agravating this can be. Good Luck
Andy Byrd
Old 09-09-2009, 12:37 PM
gsjohnny
APPRENTICE

original was the old style tci. replaced it with the new style. i hate changes. will put it apart and see what kind of magic is in there.

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -