Dedenbear Crossover Delay Question

Old 05-24-2008, 02:11 AM
dkguy
APPRENTICE

Default Dedenbear Crossover Delay Question

Hi Everyone,
I have an older thumb-wheel Dedenbear Crossover Delay box that has four wires (power,ground,push-button, transbrake). Last night getting the car ready I pressed the transbrake button, which applies the power to the trans-brake solenoid. After releasing the button and waiting for the delay to count down the delay box didn't release the trans-brake. You could still see the light showing power still applied to the trans-brake solenoid. The only way the delay box would release power to the trans-brake was to cut power to the delay box and then turn it back on. Does this sound like an internal delay box problem or should I look somewhere else. Thanks.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:31 AM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

A couple of things you might check: make sure your button actually releases, and make sure your ground is clean and tight(both ends). Other wise, it sound like the relay in the box is stuck closed. You might try tapping gently on the relays with a screwdriver handle.....
Old 05-24-2008, 09:41 AM
dkguy
APPRENTICE

Thanks for the reply. My mistake, it's actually an older Digital Delay, Inc. box, which I think is now Biondo. Checked all connections, switch and wiring and everything seems to be working correclty except the delay box. I opened it up and found a place that looks burned on the circuit board. I guess it's time to buy a new one now or send this one back for repair.