nos

Old 07-15-2012, 09:35 PM
hotrod1994
EXPERT BUILDER

ok thanks bjuice i picked up the 400 block for 100 bucks got her all tore apart ready to sit till i get the camaro the way i want her then the 400 is going into a s10 that i got from my uncle
Old 07-16-2012, 02:41 PM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Rabbit's partial Post:
It's easy to get by with 100 to 200hp of it and have fun with it. However even that will find the weak links such as driveshafts, axles, u joints, etc. Popular thing around here is to buy a used 6.0 chevy and put a ton of nitrous on it till she blows. They're tuff, cheap motors and the guys usually just laugh when they come apart.
Nothing is more fun than having a motor that you don't care if it blows up or not.
While it might be just about the funniest thing one of those guys did, did they go back in the staging lanes and ask any of those who'll sit in the lanes for up to an hour while their mess gets mopped up how really funny it was? Probably not. Especially the guys with big tires and HP . .

Gotta tell you, from both a former track manager's place and as a racer, nothing pisses me off more than a dick who takes a grenade out on a pass he knows may seal coat the track . . Personally, I always want to mop a 125° race track with the guy who oiled it and then acted like he really didn't give a shit!

I'm not talking down to anyone, but if people really care about their fellow racers, they just don't do that stuff!
Old 07-16-2012, 05:31 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by roadkill2
Rabbit's partial Post:
It's easy to get by with 100 to 200hp of it and have fun with it. However even that will find the weak links such as driveshafts, axles, u joints, etc. Popular thing around here is to buy a used 6.0 chevy and put a ton of nitrous on it till she blows. They're tuff, cheap motors and the guys usually just laugh when they come apart.
Nothing is more fun than having a motor that you don't care if it blows up or not.
While it might be just about the funniest thing one of those guys did, did they go back in the staging lanes and ask any of those who'll sit in the lanes for up to an hour while their mess gets mopped up how really funny it was? Probably not. Especially the guys with big tires and HP . .

Gotta tell you, from both a former track manager's place and as a racer, nothing pisses me off more than a dick who takes a grenade out on a pass he knows may seal coat the track . . Personally, I always want to mop a 125° race track with the guy who oiled it and then acted like he really didn't give a s!

I'm not talking down to anyone, but if people really care about their fellow racers, they just don't do that stuff!
I didn't see anywhere in Rabbit's post that it said anything about going to a track and blowing one up so someone could clean up the mess.
If you paid attention Rabbit plays a whole different game than most of us.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:10 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

x2 beast I would like to see them "clean " dirt :shock: :lol:
Old 07-18-2012, 08:39 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Beast, not being a wiseass to Rabbit, but a general comment on stuff that happens all too often on the strip as well.

Up here, three weeks ago, it was 109° in the staging lanes, and we got to wait about another 30 minutes for a clean up for a dickhead who had been beating his chest about how stout his "Cheap" motor was . . It was a ball out there!

It's just something wot pisses me off . . .
Old 07-18-2012, 09:35 AM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

nitrous is for pussies .....yeah i said it.....lol i prefer all throttle and no bottle ....
Old 07-18-2012, 01:54 PM
hotrod1994
EXPERT BUILDER

yeah im not a BIG fan i but i like cheap power and going fast for cheap
Old 07-20-2012, 05:39 AM
chevynovaman
SENIOR BUILDER

Default NOS

Originally Posted by fast75vega
nitrous is for pussies .....yeah i said it.....lol i prefer all throttle and no bottle ....

I ONCE THOUGHT THIS WAY, UNTIL I WAS SICK OF GETTING MY ASS HANDED TO ME FROM THE NOS CARS...
Old 07-20-2012, 08:33 AM
hotrod1994
EXPERT BUILDER

i forgot to add i dont like loosing either

Ryan it looks like you'll be the guy to beat now... Saturday ill be watching good luck let em have it
Old 07-20-2012, 01:04 PM
chevynovaman
SENIOR BUILDER

Default NOS

THANKS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -