is hot roding dead?

Old 03-05-2011, 02:49 PM
dpassmore
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Re: is hot roding dead?

Originally Posted by bobr
Originally Posted by lohmann
can some one tell me why a 15000 doller car is now worth 250000? for that matter if you put a used 671 blower on it it know is a 35000 doller car. or why a 32 kit car is worth more the a steel car whene all it will do is crack and fall apart it will not las as long as a steel car will.And why is it ok to put a sbc in a ford but if yo put a ford in a 32 steel ford its not worth a dime? and PLEASE tell me what the heack is trade value Higher? jest how stuped wood i be to trade a 20000 doller car for a 10000 car jest becaws you say so? users of this site seem to have lost thare minds.Please put the pipe down and lets get back to reality if yo have a 40000 doller show car for sale seems to me you wood be able to pick up the phone and talk with out being cheap with your cell min.and dont ask for a 75000 doller trade value when hot roders resot to this where has hot roding gone> for that matter is hot rodding dead? Mst be if you cant go to your buddys house and help him/her work on thare car with ot expecting some thing in return.

I don't know if hot rodding is dead, but it looks like "SPELL CHECK" might be!
LOL
Old 03-05-2011, 10:47 PM
lohmann
SHOW GUEST

can some one tell me why a 15000 doller car is now worth 250000? for that matter if you put a used 671 blower on it it know is a 35000 doller car. or why a 32 kit car is worth more the a steel car whene all it will do is crack and fall apart it will not las as long as a steel car will.And why is it ok to put a sbc in a ford but if yo put a ford in a 32 steel ford its not worth a dime? and PLEASE tell me what the heack is trade value Higher? jest how stuped wood i be to trade a 20000 doller car for a 10000 car jest becaws you say so? users of this site seem to have lost thare minds.Please put the pipe down and lets get back to reality if yo have a 40000 doller show car for sale seems to me you wood be able to pick up the phone and talk with out being cheap with your cell min.and dont ask for a 75000 doller trade value when hot roders resot to this where has hot roding gone> for that matter is hot rodding dead? Mst be if you cant go to your buddys house and help him/her work on thare car with ot expecting some thing in return.

Big Dummy : I rest my case
Old 03-05-2011, 11:05 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Na...don't rest your case....its not dead , go to the shows and swap meets and see all of us...my two sons are not into it but, at the meets & shows I meet and talk to a lot of young guys that are.....keep your head up, its far from dead !!
Old 03-06-2011, 05:18 AM
grimratter
JUNIOR BUILDER

Big Dummy : I rest my case
You write a caption like that, and then have the nerve to call ME the "Big Dummy"! You need to learn to use the computer.
You also sound like one of those whiners that expect everyone to give you something for nothing.
As far as me believing that "Hot Rodding is dead" I don't see it. I'm always willing to help out a fellow rodder in need, and I have had plenty of help from others.
Also If you look at my profile you'll see that I have sold a lot of rods on this site, and all of them at a good price. I've also bought a lot from this site at good deals.
There are some jerks out there, but I know a lot Hot Rodder's that are great people. You must be hanging out in the wrong places!
Old 03-07-2011, 02:14 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

HOT RODDING DEAD... :lol: :lol: :lol: I WAS AT WORLD OF WHEELS SUNDAY HERE IN CHICAGO....IT WAS BUTT TO BUTT CROWDED !! WAS AN AZZ KICKING SHOW 8) 8)
Old 03-07-2011, 04:10 PM
prowagon55
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by MEMRACING62
HOT RODDING DEAD... :lol: :lol: :lol: I WAS AT WORLD OF WHEELS SUNDAY HERE IN CHICAGO....IT WAS BUTT TO BUTT CROWDED !! WAS AN AZZ KICKING SHOW 8) 8)

Ditto that for sure, we were there on Saturday afternoon and couldn't believe the crowd! Had a great time!
Old 03-08-2011, 02:45 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

hotroddin dead? damn wish i had known that before i spent all this damn money. no it aint dead by no means. not at my place anyways.got more cars and parts than i ever had. and if i run in to a young gun who wants to learn i bring him into the shop and put his but to work, and i dont even have to pay them thay just want to learn and be around hotrods. amn look around. there is more going on in the hotrod world than ever before.shows, runs, street racing its happenin now. people may not cruise like they used to, and there is many reasons for that, but it aint dead by no means.