Gideon13 (Chris Thornton) can't be trusted

Old 02-12-2010, 03:59 PM
gideon13
APPRENTICE

thats me.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:24 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Man he hasnt been on in awhile must not be true about Gideon13.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:48 PM
steakandracingfuel
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

well because he got so demanding and to me overstepped himself a bit. i would rather sell to someone else and not have the hassle. i dont give this much hassle to anyone i am buying from. i do have another guy that wants the hood and he agrees to send money up front. it is supposed to be here tues. or wed. and i will keep you posted on how that deal works out.

when i buy first thing i ask is Paypal? and usually talk to them on the phone then i send it because i dont want to miss a part that i want.

But.... i have started searching their names in this section ever since i found the post on Jason Brooks and we know who he is. and its because i showed him up front no B.S. that he wanted to make the deal a good one. so i try, but i didnt feel comfortable sending anything without being paid for it.

Mousemuscles may be a really great guy. but i dont know him, and he stated that in an email to me also. but when asked to lower price the asked to escrow, it seemed that i was the one doing all the bending and trying to accommodate him that when i wanted something then he became unbending and made uncomfortable about the whole thing.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:31 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

NO SCAM HERE :roll:
Old 02-17-2010, 04:36 AM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

It is the ole one post hit and run anyway.. .as most are ,,seems like
Old 02-17-2010, 09:25 AM
mousemuscles
APPRENTICE

I don't have as much time to write on this forum as gideon13 seems to but here is my last response to all this. I, like most racers, race on a budget. I saw his ad for a damaged hood, and figured I could repair it and use it. I offered him $25 less than his asking price. He accepted. The shipping he quoted me was an additional $130. As anyone can see by the exchange of email HE posted here, I asked to use Escrow.com (recommended by Racingjunk) to protect BOTH of us in the deal. He never siad he was having problems that would prevent him from sending the hood until about two weeks AFTER I posted the money with escrow.com, and that was only after I sent him two more emails and left a message on his phone asking about the hood. Yeah, I called it MY hood, cause MY money was already posted to pay for it. I don't know how he works, but if I make a deal with someone, I follow through. He NEVER said WHEN he would send it, just "not now". Lastly, yes, it is a violation of federal, and most states laws to sell a VIN plate. It allows someone who is dishonest to fake a car, and is often used to try to legitimize a stolen car. What did he THINK someone would want it for?
Old 02-17-2010, 09:41 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mousemuscles
I don't have as much time to write on this forum as gideon13 seems to but here is my last response to all this. I, like most racers, race on a budget. I saw his ad for a damaged hood, and figured I could repair it and use it. I offered him $25 less than his asking price. He accepted. The shipping he quoted me was an additional $130. As anyone can see by the exchange of email HE posted here, I asked to use Escrow.com (recommended by Racingjunk) to protect BOTH of us in the deal. He never siad he was having problems that would prevent him from sending the hood until about two weeks AFTER I posted the money with escrow.com, and that was only after I sent him two more emails and left a message on his phone asking about the hood. Yeah, I called it MY hood, cause MY money was already posted to pay for it. I don't know how he works, but if I make a deal with someone, I follow through. He NEVER said WHEN he would send it, just "not now". Lastly, yes, it is a violation of federal, and most states laws to sell a VIN plate. It allows someone who is dishonest to fake a car, and is often used to try to legitimize a stolen car. What did he THINK someone would want it for?

Well then why dont you come on here and post the emails that you recieved . That will show us if they match up or not. Also I know a few people that collect old VIN tags just because. So you not everybody wants them to try to do illegal things with them.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:17 AM
mousemuscles
APPRENTICE

I don't know how to post emails I've gotten from my MSN account. I'm not trying to start a war with anyone. I posted the scam warning to warn others about my experience. If you want ot deal with him, go ahead. I know I won't. I have no idea how gideon13 thinks he did all the bending. My money was tied up for two weeks, and he wasn't answering my emails asking when the hood was. I don't know the guy, what would you have thought? When he finally answered, he siad he was "going to cancel for now". What does that mean to you? I have been the only one to lose in this deal. We were supposed to split the fee with Escrow.com. When he welshed on the deal, they charged the whole fee to me because my funds were there. His wasn't. He's saying in this forum that he has lots of friends. If he was laid up and had made a deal, why couldbn't he ask a friend to send the hood? Once I posted my money with Ecsrow.com, I can't get it back unless the deal is cancelled. How long would YOU have waited, especially when he's leaving it open ended about when he'll send it?
Old 02-17-2010, 12:06 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mousemuscles
WHAT THE HELL DO YOU CARE WHAT SOMEBODY DOES WITH THE VIN PLATES, WHAT ARE YOU JONNY LAW :shock: :shock: . HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR DEAL, JUST A ROCK TO THROW. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 02-17-2010, 01:26 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F4lh4w5ehM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -