modracer11s is a crook do not buy from him

Old 02-10-2010, 04:49 AM
wildwilly1960
SHOW GUEST

Default modracer11s is a crook do not buy from him

modracer11s is a crook and i would advise everyone to refrain from buying anything or trading anything from him.i traded him a rolling chassis late model car for a clip car that he had represented as a race ready car the starter was bad on the car so we took his word for it and he guranteed the engine to be a built 383 and for it to run perfect.i got it home put a starter on it and started it up and it had a dead cylinder i removed the valve covers ans it had factory stamped gm rockers.i have contacted him many times trying to get him to make it right and he said thats its my problem so im getting on here and letting everyone know if you buy anything off of this guy it is junk he will lie right to your face and scam you just to get what you got so buyer beware i would like to report him to racing junk but i dont know how so i am posting this tread to warn people that he is a crook
Old 02-10-2010, 05:34 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

OK wild. Ad number please......
Dave
Old 02-10-2010, 05:52 AM
wildwilly1960
SHOW GUEST

Default ad#

it is 1711350 he misrepresented this car all the way around
Old 02-10-2010, 10:21 AM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

I'm sorry you feel like you got took. His ad states the engine is all GM. Says nothing about roller anything or name brand parts, the rear end is shot, the starter is junk, and the carb needs gone through. Sounds to me like it was rode hard and put away wet. How many RED flags do you need to be hit with :!: :roll:
Old 02-10-2010, 10:37 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Amen, I have to agree w/ El'SuperBeast-o on this one.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:44 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I personally would have said no way, why would you trade for anthing you can not hear run?? Also, if you were taking the guys word for it, you should have at least pulled a valve cover off! Sorry, I am thinking the buyer is just as responsible as the seller on this one. Thats just my opinion...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 02-11-2010, 09:50 AM
wildwilly1960
SHOW GUEST

Default crook

the ad also said it was a 383 he said it had a 750 holly carburator and he said it had a half of season on the engine.i understand it wasnt the brightest idea but i trusted the guy.yes it does say its a gm motor but it is not a 383 this engine in this car is bone stock the bore the stroke everything is stock except the valve covers he put a set of tall valve covers on it to make it appear to be a roller engine he even tells me that its a roller engine and he said it ran perfect and when i put a starter on it it was missing and smoking like a tar kil thats just plain out right dirty dealing and he knows it
Old 02-11-2010, 10:52 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Sorry to say but i have to agree with the Beastmaster on this, I would have ran not even replied to the ad :!: :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 02-11-2010, 12:23 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Are you saying now it doesn't even have a Holley carb? Did you even take the air cleaner off to look? He tells you it's a roller motor and you don't take out four bolts to remove a valve cover to check that either? Lets see if we can get the guy on here and see what he has to say.
Either way I hope you learned something from this. Trust noone and believe only half of what you see.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:19 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by BEAST477
Are you saying now it doesn't even have a Holley carb? Did you even take the air cleaner off to look? He tells you it's a roller motor and you don't take out four bolts to remove a valve cover to check that either? Lets see if we can get the guy on here and see what he has to say.
Either way I hope you learned something from this. Trust noone and believe only half of what you see.
Words to live by... no doubt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -