Needle & Seat

Old 05-26-2010, 04:18 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: needleand seat

Originally Posted by cepx111
Originally Posted by markdunlap
. If the needle and seats are misadjusted too high or get stuck, the fuel will usually all come out the sight plug holes without going up and over the vent tubes and into the carb and engine. If there are no sight level plugs, put hose over the vent tubes and route away from the carb to a catch can.
Thats a pretty good idea right there ^

Cp
Hell that takes all the fun outta turning the pump on, running around to watch and see if it's ok or spilling into the motor then running back to shut the pump off, then having to drain the oil because you filled the motor full of fuel!! Been there done that several times! ops:

Sometimes it's just easier to sit back and think for 2 minutes about what you're doing before you start.

Good simple idea.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

No doubt. It is funny how we get caught up on a project & do not take the time to think about these simple things!!! That cost me 88.00 just by flicking the pump on one time. I appreciate all your feedback. I like what Tod said too... just got too excited & did not think carefully.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:21 AM
racecrafter
JOURNEYMAN

If you are going to the track by yourself why not put a momentary switch for the fuel pump on the fire wall that way you can prime the carb while looking at the carb.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:52 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
No doubt. It is funny how we get caught up on a project & do not take the time to think about these simple things!!! That cost me 88.00 just by flicking the pump on one time. I appreciate all your feedback. I like what Tod said too... just got too excited & did not think carefully.
just got too excited & did not think carefully
That may apply to me in more than just racing stuff. :shock:
Old 06-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by racecrafter
If you are going to the track by yourself why not put a momentary switch for the fuel pump on the fire wall that way you can prime the carb while looking at the carb.
Good idea, nice & simple. I did fix it & it holds now. There was some very small rubber debris in there.

Wabbit: me too brutha. Man that girl did some crazy stuff... more high maintenance than my car too. LOL!!!!