pressurized nitrous bottle

Old 06-09-2010, 07:59 PM
sds10racer
MASTER BUILDER

Default pressurized nitrous bottle

just wondering what ever happened to the practice of running a second bottle of pressurized gas(don't remember what kind) that the pro mod guys were using in the mid '90's. remember seeing them when i went to scribner,ne when it was an ihra track. didn't really know what they were for sure untill brett kepner said what it was when i watched the same race on tv later. have the tape still yet somewhere.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:39 PM
jed5161
CRAFTSMAN

you refering to a nitrous "push" system? the CT racing pro mods (Chuck, Jason, Chad Peterson's chevelles) ran this type of system when running their nitrous setup before switching to blower engines. Utilizing a regulated CO2 bottle plummed into the nitrous bottle valve, it allowed for more consistant bottle pressures without having to heat or cool bottles. Plus as bottle would empty and pressure dropped the nitrous would boil inside the bottle and this system eliminated that problem.

I havent heard of alot of people still running the system. Surely somebody out there is still running it. I plan on running the setup if/when i get nitrous setup to run top dragster on my 605 bbc.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:13 PM
sds10racer
MASTER BUILDER

yes, that's the system. i saw it on those same cars in the pits and later on the tv when kepner explained what they were doing. was just wondering if it was still be used. except for the extra wt. i wonder why it's not popular.