Gideon13 (Chris Thornton) can't be trusted

Old 02-18-2010, 06:56 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Chris,
It is a bandwagon that you should have steered clear of if you weren't comfortable with it. Bottom line to me is:
Money sent, hood not shipped, mouse out $25.00.
mouses failing to check out the escrow service should not have been a factor in your decision to make the deposit, you should have checked the ramifications should the deal fall through. You need to stand firm and stick to your policy of taking payment as you described you would to avoid these situations.
Like I said before, I think both of you are good guys, lets don't let this very, very inexpensive deal let it ruin either of y'alls reputations.

Originally Posted by steakandracingfuel
just about the time that this occurred my brother who handles all the big stuff for me went to work out of town. i did advise him that i cannot ship it and the timing is not right and thats when everything went south. bad thing is im also not cool with him admitting he found the escrow.com for the first time and did not research it carefully enough and wanted me to jump on the bandwagon with him on a company he knew nothing about. AND if this was a company he knew something about he would have known about the fee not going to be refunded. im not cool with that at all. thats B>S> for a company to hold money on a transaction and it cancels and they keep part of it. for doing nothing except holding the money. he wants the 25.00 he will have to send me his address i have deleted all this after i posted it here
Old 02-18-2010, 09:21 AM
mousemuscles
APPRENTICE

Chris, I appreciate you saying I have some valid points. Here's some from me: Under your gideon13 handle, which you advertised the hood under, there was no buyer/seller history to check out. Second, as I said, I'm new to buying/selling on RJ. I saw the recommendation from RJ on how to protect buyer and seller, and assumed that was the way it was done. If it's not and my requesting escrow.com made you nervous, that's on me, even though I didn't know it. Hollowayshotrods makes some good learning points for both of us. What has never been answered by you is what made me nervous in the first place. When you said you were "going to have to cancel for now", you never ever said when you thought you might be able to complete the deal. How long did you expect me to wait with no idea of when you would send it? Do you see why that made me nervous? ...and I don't want the $25. I just want you to try to see this from my perspective. If you want to try to bury the hatchet with each other on this, give me a call. I'm at 303-829-1456. That's in Colorado, so Mountain Time Zone. I no longer think you're a bad guy. Apparently my being a newbie in this contributed to the problems.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:42 AM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

nice to see things getting settled like men no games no b.s. sure some miscomunication but that can happen but was handled very well in here in my opinion
Old 02-18-2010, 10:15 AM
steakandracingfuel
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

i'm good , i'm not upset in anyway. this is my first time being on a selling side where i didn't feel comfortable. i was on the buying side recently so its a first. i will call you later, i am in the middle of sorting Girl Scout cookie orders for my daughter. but we will make things right.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:01 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

I sure hope this works out for you y'all :!:
Continue to contribute your opinions to the forum, Lord knows we need all the good guys we can get :!:
Old 02-18-2010, 11:07 AM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

hey mouse , don't leave the forum when you are through , we need all the help we can get keeping some folks straight on here.. just join right in whenever you like , everybody has opionons..if they all matched life would be pretty dull...stick around at night when the littlerods come out , a whole lot better than TV......Paul
Old 02-18-2010, 11:20 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Shoot Paul even Jerry Springer doesn't have anything on this place at night when the ''littlerods'' come out and play :!: :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''

''I AM NOT GRUMPY UNLESS YOU MAKE ME THAT WAY''