Tony Christian 4.06 pass

Old 07-31-2009, 11:37 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

By any chance do you have a picture taken from the Tower side? Looks like a two wheel ride from this side.
Dave
Old 07-31-2009, 06:01 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by oldandtired
By any chance do you have a picture taken from the Tower side? Looks like a two wheel ride from this side.
Dave

You are correct i was standing on the Drivers side of the car behind the barracade and saw it get on two wheels for a brief moment.
You could see the car leave and then see the flames shoot out of the headers as 2nd and 3rd stage came on..as soon as that happened he took a sharp Right...for a minute we thought he broke an AXLE because it was such a sharp Move.

If the guy in the right lane had not laid down a good 60ft there would have been a T-bone

I gotta give it to Ole Tony he came back to The Pitts and had some select conversation with a few people,,,then saddled back up and went again like nothing happened..i would have been tore up too much after that one...the car didn't have but a .998 60 ft...thas all ...lol

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 08-03-2009, 08:06 PM
littlehotrod
MASTER BUILDER

what all did he mess up on the car after that run???did he had to replace anything..where is he from and where was that track at that he ran on and was it a 1/8???
Old 08-03-2009, 09:55 PM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

tony and pat musi were some of the best races, tony in his red sled
and pat in his green camaro, good to see tony at it again, hope
he comes around tx
Old 08-03-2009, 10:11 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by signsbyesa
tony and pat musi were some of the best races, pat in his red sled
and pat in his green camaro, good to see pat at it again, hope
he comes around tx
HUH?
Dude you might wanna lay off the sauce. :lol:
Old 08-03-2009, 10:27 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by littlehotrod
what all did he mess up on the car after that run???did he had to replace anything..where is he from and where was that track at that he ran on and was it a 1/8???
I'm gona guess underwear. Yes it was an eighth mile track he sure wasn't runing a 4.06 quarter mile pass.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:44 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by littlehotrod
Nothing broke on the car..and beleive it or not Tony came back very composed...he let a few people have a piece of his mind about the water..but other then that he was Fine....If ya ever been around Tony you would see what i am saying..he is one of those guys that you don't want to ask if ya don't wanna know and those of us that knew him stayed clear of him for a few when he got back to the Pits... :shock: ....he's been driving these door cars for Years....he's 61 yrs old and drove race cars all his life...so this didn't rattle him like it would most of us .

Tony is from Florida and the track was in the lower part of S.C...Jackson S.C......"House of Hook"

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 08-04-2009, 04:59 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Brian, have you been running your new Chevy II? Haven't heard anything.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:20 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

yes i have...i ran the car on Motor in the begining just to get use to the car, turns out the car didn't handle as well on the motor cause the chassis is set up for spray...leaving on the motor doesn't load the chassis making it a little squirly about the 330 ft thru the traps....its got a 370 gear and a very Tight (nos) Converter and weighs almost 3100 lbs.
anyhow i ran it a few weeks ago and it was 102 degree's and it ran 5.80's on Motor for 3 straight passes at 125 mph
1.38 60 ft...it didn't start to run until the 330ft mark with the gear and converter...look at that 60 ft (1.38 ) on motor its creeping up to the 330 ft mark.....then you better hang on...lol :shock:

the last pass we turned on the small kit...and it ran a 5.05 @140 mph with a 1.15 60 ft....it just loves spray

Little cooler weather its a high 5.60 car on motor 4.90 car on 1 stage and a best of 4.68 @153 mph on 2 stages

Beast right Now its soooo hot down here i have had her parked in the garage..will get her back out when it cools off a little

I have to admit its taken some getting use to running this heavy car on 10 inch tires...i have had to learn to drive all over again...nothing like i have done before.....i am getting real comfortable now.

thanks for asking