Noob builder question for Strickly Stock build

Old 12-09-2021, 12:32 PM
Agentz86
SHOW GUEST

Default Noob builder question for Strickly Stock build

I'm going to build my first race car and planning some racing at Budd's Creek Potomac Raceway Dirt track in March
The Strictly Stock Series is
basically a junk yard car with no glass and a roll cage.
I have access to a freebie. A 1977 Mercedes 450 slc. Can this be made to race safely ?
Sub frame looks good but I don't really know how bad the floor and body really are or how much rot. I'll know better once I start tearing it apart.

It's not the ideal car I know but it's free.

Barring the subject of rot for a moment. Can this be made safe ? I don't know much about these unibody or sub frame cars. How do people make them safe for racing ?
Also the Strictly Stock series only allow so much changes too. I can't add support that is not related to roll cages etc.

Any advise is great advise. I'm hoping I can make the freebie work for my first race trials if possible

Thanks

Last edited by Agentz86; 12-09-2021 at 12:37 PM.
Old 12-12-2021, 12:50 PM
Agentz86
SHOW GUEST

Ok, so reading everything everywhere it seems I can likely adapt one of these pre-build roll cages to do what I want.

Like the ones at pitusa or speedwaymotors etc.

Nothing really specific for mercerdes but their instruction manual for their case does instruct on unibody and/or subframe installs in general.
Old 03-22-2022, 01:32 PM
sepmaret11
JOURNEYMAN

I think you might be getting confused with ambushes and disengaging strikes in regard to movement. Unless your character had the slippery skill, then they will always take a disengaging strike if they try to move out of combat range (2") of an enemy model. Ambushes would then be applied afterward if the enemy player wanted to. Sprint is literally just 2 move actions, no other special rules.
Old 03-23-2022, 05:59 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by sepmaret11 View Post
I think you might be getting confused with ambushes and disengaging strikes in regard to movement. Unless your character had the slippery skill, then they will always take a disengaging strike if they try to move out of combat range (2") of an enemy model. Ambushes would then be applied afterward if the enemy player wanted to. Sprint is literally just 2 move actions, no other special rules.
What the hell??

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 05-09-2022, 03:56 AM
murrayjest
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by Agentz86 View Post
I'm going to build my first race car and planning some racing at Budd's Creek Potomac Raceway Dirt track in March
The Strictly Stock Series is
basically a junk yard car with no glass and a roll cage.
I have access to a freebie. A 1977 Mercedes 450 slc. Can this be made to race safely ?
Sub frame looks good but I don't really know how bad the floor and body really are or how much rot. I'll know better once I start tearing it apart.

It's not the ideal car I know but it's free.

Barring the subject of rot for a moment. Can this be made safe ? I don't know much about these unibody or sub frame cars. How do people make them safe for racing ?
Also the Strictly Stock series only allow so much changes too. I can't add support that is not related to roll cages etc.

Any advise is great advise. I'm hoping I can make the freebie work for my first race trials if possible

Thanks
Like the ones at pitusa or speedwaymotors etc.

Last edited by Harbone; 05-10-2022 at 03:41 AM.