Repeat sellers no Honor

Old 01-31-2008, 04:33 PM
Gimmethakick
SENIOR BUILDER

Default Repeat sellers no Honor

Has anybody else here noticed that you see ads from the same people on here constantly but when you look at their info they have never made an Honor payment. I pay for my subscription and also make Honor payments. These people can't say they don't sell or trade on here because if they didn't they wouldn't advertise on the site all the time.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:50 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Its sickening eh? Amen brother!

Good thing there are honest guys being a CRJ member and "us" honor paying members that keep this place afloat. What is 1% of a sale? Its peanuts,compaired to selling on other sites.

I know I'll be glad when RJ makes this site a member only site. This will get rid of alot of scammers and freeloaders.I know I get tired of seeing guys that have been here longer than me selling (2002-2003) every day that think RJ owes them a place to sell their stuff for free,because they have 2 free adds and more names than one selling on RJ for free. Not an honor payment,or a CRJ membership

What a bunch of freeloaders,if this strikes a nerve it must be TRUE

Its time to PONY up fellars,it'll only hurt for a second,I promise :P
Old 01-31-2008, 05:20 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

I see this a couple ways. A guy that uses a single or multiple free accounts to sell should be criticized for not making an honor payment. He is abusing a privelage.

An individual who pays a membership fee should not be called out here. They have paid for a service and are using it. If those at RJ think the income is not enough from memberships, then they need to adjust membership fees accordingly.

I pay to list pieces parts here and my cars occasionally. I also have several other places that I post for free. If or when I sell something thru RJ I try to make an honor payment. As you can see, I have made a couple. The couple I have made have been far more then the required or suggest amount of the sale. Most of the stuff I have sold has been thru other sites or locally. It makes it hard to determine where and when stuff sold if the buyer does not report the item as sold. You can't assume that just because ads come and go that the item was sold on RJ.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:26 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

How does one see the amounts of the honor payments made? I am pretty sure that both of mine were $50 payments. How does that make my average $23?
Old 01-31-2008, 06:07 PM
ashevilldragcrew
APPRENTICE

guys,this one is for me.......i love this site,i have not made a honor payment yet.i have sold a couple of things and traded parts also....i am going to figure the trade values also with sales and i will send my honor payment friday 2/1. i will do my part to keep a good thing going. thanks for making me think.....thanks big daddy dale
Old 01-31-2008, 06:09 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Shawn you'll prolly need to call RJ 1-413-663-3496 and ask for PJ and get it sorted out and adjusted,I am sure he will make things right with you

http://www.racingjunk.com/post/10963...nvertible.html

When ever I do any selling I always call and talk to PJ or Ryan and have it done and pay up with my credit card,thats how I do it and its adjusted as we talk and as soon as I hang up and get online its up to date.Works great,as I never do any online transactions,I don't feel its safe,nore it gets done accurate. JMHO
Old 01-31-2008, 06:25 PM
Gimmethakick
SENIOR BUILDER

I was just saying that I have noticed that I have seen the same people on here for a couple of years now and no honor payment. What brought this about was I looked at one of this guys ads today and I can always tell whose it is by the way its listed cause he always has something on here for sale, and I noticed that he has not once made an honor payment. This guy has something for sale everyday but has never made not one honor payment in 3 years. Makes me sick. And I'm not naming any names because he hasn't done anything to me but you know who you are people. So everyone get your conscience going and pay up.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:50 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by topsportsman1
Shawn you'll prolly need to call RJ 1-413-663-3496 and ask for PJ and get it sorted out and adjusted,I am sure he will make things right with you

http://www.racingjunk.com/post/10963...nvertible.html

When ever I do any selling I always call and talk to PJ or Ryan and have it done and pay up with my credit card,thats how I do it and its adjusted as we talk and as soon as I hang up and get online its up to date.Works great,as I never do any online transactions,I don't feel its safe,nore it gets done accurate. JMHO
How do they determine average sale price? I have never had anyone hit the report sale button that I know of. I registered here several years ago for a free. Then after a short period I decided I needed a membership because I was using the board more. I even purchased merchandise off the RJ store. I think that the additional honor payments I have made are a good gesture. Could I make more? Probably. Do I think I have over paid? Not at all. Do I feel that I have under paid for my membership?? Yes I do and I think it is the best deal going on the net. I think this is the cheapest membership you can buy to a quality board to be able to have access to all the tools offered. Dp I feel obligated to make honor payments if I sell something on here? Not as much as I would if I had free ad. If I had to pay more for a membership, I would.

I noticed the link to my ad. Was there a purpose? Did you want to make an offer on the car? :P
Old 02-01-2008, 05:13 AM
Gimmethakick
SENIOR BUILDER

I think I pay $6.95 a month for my membership. The main reason I joined was to put more pics with my ads and to be able to place more ads. The price is cheaper than the newspaper by far and has alot bigger audience.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:59 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Gimmethakick
I think I pay $6.95 a month for my membership. The main reason I joined was to put more pics with my ads and to be able to place more ads. The price is cheaper than the newspaper by far and has alot bigger audience.
You cannot go wrong with this. It is the best money a racer can spend. Most of us depend on the sale of our used parts to be able to purchase new parts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -