bad cam

Old 03-07-2008, 05:39 PM
bbc28racing
JOURNEYMAN

i don't know what your problem is?i didn't ask for smart remarks.and to recall[no offence to bjuice] every mechanic here has looked at my car. and i found it was a wiring problem,dist. and a bad cam.thanks every one
Old 03-08-2008, 07:54 AM
shortyems3307
JOURNEYMAN

you know i don't think anybody on here has given you smart remarks . and i don't think any mechanic on here has looked at your car. everybody has tried to give you advice based on your discription of the problem. brian gave you a logical suggestion to your unique problem without trying to be rude.your reply was a little defencive "not to sound like an a--hole i run a garage and build race cars". relax big guy . it's hard to diagnois a problem like this with out being there with hands on. you should know how it is running a garage and building race care in all. i can't figure out how a wireing problem, a bad distributor, and a bad ground cam could seize up 9 + lifters twice? who's cam and lifters are they? there tech dept. should probably know about your problem with there product. no offence towards you.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:26 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by shortyems3307
you know i don't think anybody on here has given you smart remarks . .

I think he was talking about this.

JMO

Originally Posted by blittle
How's the muffler bearing?
Old 03-08-2008, 09:42 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

I JUST REPLACED THE MUFFLER BEARING ON MY DUAL EXHAUST :shock: :shock: ---IT RUNS ALOT SMOOTHER NOW :? :? AND LATER I AM PAINTING MY EXHAUST WITH TEFLON PAINT INSIDE AND OUT--IT WILL PROBABLY GAIN ATLEAST 60 HORSES :? :? :? ---IS THAT A SMART REMARK OR JUST HAVING FUN???-----GROW UP AND RELIZE JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE A MECHANIC AND BUILD RACE CARS DOES NOT MEAN YOU DO NOT MAKE MISTAKES OR YOU CAN'T LEARN ANYTHING NEW!!!!!!!!--------LIVELY[ I HAVE BUILT FOR OVER 35 YEARS AND STILL LEARNING] :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 03-08-2008, 09:46 AM
bbc28racing
JOURNEYMAN

tod74 yes that's what i was talking about,thanks.and i ment mechs.in this area.and i did not mean any offence to anyone was just trying to figure out my problem.and i thank every one who helped me.and how a dist. and cam seizes lifters and kills plugs i don't know but it did.thanks
Old 03-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by lively
I JUST REPLACED THE MUFFLER BEARING ON MY DUAL EXHAUST :shock: :shock: ---IT RUNS ALOT SMOOTHER NOW :? :? AND LATER I AM PAINTING MY EXHAUST WITH TEFLON PAINT INSIDE AND OUT--IT WILL PROBABLY GAIN ATLEAST 60 HORSES :? :? :? ---IS THAT A SMART REMARK OR JUST HAVING FUN???-----GROW UP AND RELIZE JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE A MECHANIC AND BUILD RACE CARS DOES NOT MEAN YOU DO NOT MAKE MISTAKES OR YOU CAN'T LEARN ANYTHING NEW!!!!!!!!--------LIVELY[ I HAVE BUILT FOR OVER 35 YEARS AND STILL LEARNING] :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Joking aside...How ya coming along on your Ranchero?
Old 03-08-2008, 09:55 AM
bbc28racing
JOURNEYMAN

lively,i neversaid i knew everything.that's why i'm asking advice.i'm only in my 20's so i have a lot to learn.and i didn't realize you were joking.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:11 PM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Default bad cam

The block doesn*t have oil restrictors in it does it? Do they even use them in big blocks? somebody straighten me out!
Old 03-08-2008, 10:42 PM
bbc28racing
JOURNEYMAN

no oil restictors,atleast not in my motor.i think maybe just got a bad set of lifters.these are doing good so far but i haven't raced with them yet.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:17 AM
SST4530
DYNO TECH

Originally Posted by Tod74
Originally Posted by shortyems3307
you know i don't think anybody on here has given you smart remarks . .

I think he was talking about this.

JMO

Originally Posted by blittle
How's the muffler bearing?
It's funny, nobody seemed to catch the one about pushrod bearings! When's the last time anyone changed a set of those? :lol:

I think we need to lighten up a little, don't you? If you can't have some fun on here then what's the point? Especially when the symptoms and problem descriptions don't go hand in hand.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -