BARN FIND--66 TANG

Old 07-03-2010, 03:28 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

If you want to have any kind of value in it it takes that to rebuild one easy. Especially with getting it up to date with highway speeds. Engine, 5 or 6 speed and so on.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

If you want to talk about spending money go to team chevelle forum. I think most of those guys pay to have most all the work done.They talk about 30k to restore this and 15k for paint etc etc.

I pissed them off something terrible awhile back when I said that a 400 sb chevy block was a hunk of junk. THEY didn't like that. :lol:
Old 07-03-2010, 05:12 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

MY BROTHER JUST GOT BACK FROM A 2700 MILE TRIP IN HIS 48 dodge pickup[AIR/ CRUISE/ TILT/ POWER DISC BRAKES/318 AUTOMATIC/BRIGHT RED PAINT/REDONE INTERIOR/ TORSION BAR FRONT SUSPENSION]---he covered 7 states/deserts/mountains/snow/ and lots of highways---the funny thing is all of his parts came from a CORDOVA donor car/ some new parts for the engine rebuild/new rims/tires/ brakes etc.---but nowhere near 30,000 dollars of parts--there are many ways to build with used parts combined with newer ideas that do not cost outlandish money[ it is called fabricating and hot rodding]

i think in the last few years builders have got away from that and just BUY it all new[SORRY but i won't build that way] and i have alot of guys around this area that can not afford that and wouldn't if they could.
it is time to get back to real building and away from the BARRET JACKSON STUPIDITY of the now builders.
only my thoughts -i know they don't mean much at times but has kept alot of old cars back on the road[ and yes they pass safetey inspections]

LIVELY--my older brother and his 48 DODGE :lol:
Old 07-03-2010, 09:30 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by lively
MY BROTHER JUST GOT BACK FROM A 2700 MILE TRIP IN HIS 48 dodge pickup[AIR/ CRUISE/ TILT/ POWER DISC BRAKES/318 AUTOMATIC/BRIGHT RED PAINT/REDONE INTERIOR/ TORSION BAR FRONT SUSPENSION]---he covered 7 states/deserts/mountains/snow/ and lots of highways---the funny thing is all of his parts came from a CORDOVA donor car/ some new parts for the engine rebuild/new rims/tires/ brakes etc.---but nowhere near 30,000 dollars of parts--there are many ways to build with used parts combined with newer ideas that do not cost outlandish money[ it is called fabricating and hot rodding]

i think in the last few years builders have got away from that and just BUY it all new[SORRY but i won't build that way] and i have alot of guys around this area that can not afford that and wouldn't if they could.
it is time to get back to real building and away from the BARRET JACKSON STUPIDITY of the now builders.
only my thoughts -i know they don't mean much at times but has kept alot of old cars back on the road[ and yes they pass safetey inspections]

LIVELY--my older brother and his 48 DODGE :lol:
Lively I couldnt have said it any better. I guess we are "old school" by actually repairing these cars instead of just replacing parts. I know when I get my truck in the shop and am able to finally start on it pretty much the only things that will be getting replace with new is all the hardware,bushings, and the wood inside the bed.

Also that is a great find. I wish that I could find deals like that.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:14 AM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

I forgot i was talking to some ford fans :roll: jk
Old 07-04-2010, 10:05 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

YES-YOU IS
BUT I HAVE HAD A 69 SS 396 CHEVELLE 8) /SOME FAST MOPARS :idea: /59 SEDAN DELIVERY IMPALA / EVEN SOME AMC/ LOTS OF TALL TRUCKS :twisted: AND ALOT OF FAST FORDS :lol:

VARIETY IS THE FUN OF LIFE :lol: :lol:
Old 07-08-2010, 08:54 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Nice find Lively, I'm sure you'll do it justice brother.
Are you planning on doing a V8 swap? :wink:

I owned a 66 mustang factory V8 A/C car, it was one of those cars that I still kick myself for selling, that and my firts real hot rod, it was factory V8 63 falcon futura, I sold them both WAY too cheap, but I was young and dumb, wish I knew now what I didnt know then.
Sold the 66 stang for $2500 and the falcon for $2200 :shock:
Old 07-08-2010, 10:03 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by cepx111
Nice find Lively, I'm sure you'll do it justice brother.
Are you planning on doing a V8 swap? :wink:

:
Yes I believe he said he was going to instal a small block chevy.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:02 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

YES---LITTLEROD IS GOING TO HOOK ME UP WITH ONE ops: ops: ops: :lol: :lol:
Old 07-09-2010, 04:22 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by lively
YES---LITTLEROD IS GOING TO HOOK ME UP WITH ONE ops: ops: ops: :lol: :lol:
OH YES!!! ONE OF THOSE 406'S DISGUISED AS A 305!! MAN, YA GOT GET ONE OF THOSE!! 8) 8) :lol:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -