Transbrake

Old 12-23-2007, 10:08 AM
vwdragster
APPRENTICE

When I bought the car it came with the car. It was a 9 inch. Not sure what kind. I bought a new coan 8 inch, thinking it would help. It improved the 60' a little 1. 31, but the last time out it had a 1.40 and then the last two passes I had the tranny brake issue. 5800 stall speed, seems to work good.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:05 AM
davis419b
EXPERT BUILDER

It looks like Zip and I both agree you have a problem within the valve body! Get it checked out and I think you will solve your problem.
Old 12-23-2007, 02:33 PM
SST4530
DYNO TECH

I had this happen with TH400 where it wouldn't hold during stageing and a couple of clutch packs were burned. It was a brand new unit. Not sure about a glide though
Old 12-23-2007, 02:57 PM
us7race
EXPERT BUILDER

Sounds like a solenoid problem to me and too tight of a converter.
I had the same issue with a solenoid I could hear it click in the pits then once I did my burnout it would not hold and it is too loud to hear it click or not so I changed the solenoid and that issue was fixed. But I wasn't having the slow 60' that is why I think the converter is too tight.
How big is it suppose to be? If you unplug the 2-tep how high will it go under full throttle?
Old 12-23-2007, 04:27 PM
vwdragster
APPRENTICE

I think I will pull the pan and valve body. Everything else seems to be okay. I will let everybody know what happens. Thanks for the responses and Merry Christmas! And by the way, to make everything else worse, my tow vehicle would not start after all this happened! My brother hit the distrubtor body a couple of time and it started Another day in paradise!!!!
Old 12-23-2007, 08:23 PM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

60 ft should be in the 1.20's or better. Check and make sure your line pressure it at least 200 psi. Sounds like valve body too.