14:1 comp 632ci

Old 06-15-2008, 11:06 AM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hammertime
Originally Posted by jrthone
Sorry im fron New Zealand. 16 litres = 4.22 Gallons. haha
Your using way to much fuel in a 1/4 pass JMO but 3 gallons max is plenty, you have to be really rich.
Really? And you know the altitude he races at, as well as the weather conditions, and his specific setup?

Better air uses more fuel. Heavier cars have more load and use more fuel. Every combination is going to be different.

Read the plugs... If they still have the cad on them up to the first thread, yeah, you're using too much fuel and could be making more power. If it's a bracket car and it's deadly consistent, who gives a shit how much fuel it uses.

We used 6 gallons of alky in an 1/8th mile pass last night... 10:1 568 blower motor. Is that too much?
Old 06-15-2008, 03:55 PM
LuckyDawgRacing
CRAFTSMAN

6 gal. in a 1/8 mile pass? Holy crap. Have you checked the oil today? I agree every car is different but WOW! I'm at 2975 w/me in it, terminator inj. and using 2 3/4 gal.per pass on the 1/4. 2 1/2 gal. in the 1/8. Yet I'm barely lean.
Here's a question, I'm leaked down at 25% and barely lean. Which way do I go with leakdown to make it slightly fatter or can I do that?
Old 06-15-2008, 04:27 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by OneBadGMC
Originally Posted by hammertime
Sorry im fron New Zealand. 16 litres = 4.22 Gallons. haha
Your using way to much fuel in a 1/4 pass JMO but 3 gallons max is plenty, you have to be really rich.
Really? And you know the altitude he races at, as well as the weather conditions, and his specific setup?

Better air uses more fuel. Heavier cars have more load and use more fuel. Every combination is going to be different.

Read the plugs... If they still have the cad on them up to the first thread, yeah, you're using too much fuel and could be making more power. If it's a bracket car and it's deadly consistent, who gives a $h!t how much fuel it uses.

We used 6 gallons of alky in an 1/8th mile pass last night... 10:1 568 blower motor. Is that too much?
I've raced is the mountains and raced at below sea level air no difference at all in alky usage .. 4 gallons is to much IMO I run 1/4 mile got 75 hits on my car this year and put well over 200 on them a year use 2- 2 1/2 sometimes 3 max guess I must be lean only using that much ??? :lol:
Old 06-16-2008, 11:58 PM
jrthone
SENIOR BUILDER

So am i using to much fuel or not??? Does altitude matter that much on alky????? whats the storey????
Old 06-17-2008, 08:46 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

So am i using to much fuel or not??? Does altitude matter that much on alky????? whats the storey????
IMO yes .. altitude does affect some but not a gallon or anything that far. How does the oil look and plugs ? A buddy was using 3 1/2 gallons which I thought was to much on his alky carb setup, I adjusted several things it picked up almost a full tenth and used 2 1/2 gallons. Oil looked like new and the new plugs he put in there look awesome. That motor doesnt need 4 gallons of fuel to drive to the lanes, race and drive back, its going somewhere where it shouldnt be (oil).
Old 06-19-2008, 01:20 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

I run pump gas and can make 7 or 8 1/8 mile passes on 5 gallons,driving to and from my parking spot Take that to the bank(literally $$$$) you bunch of alcoholics!! :lol: :lol: Nah,just picking on ya'll.My bud,Tommy,has an alky injected blown FED with a 468 BBC.Had some trouble with the tune,but got it now.We do a warm up that takes about 1 minute,pulled to the line ,1/4 mile pass and pull back to the pit takes 1.5-1.75 gallons.Plugs are borderline lean,but oil does get alot(IMO) of fuel in it.I know thats a light car,1700 w/driver,but that's not much fuel,I don't think.But then,I am a pump gas man