Possibly a bit overpriced?

Old 10-22-2010, 07:33 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

all im saying is there is a dair price and then there are the other guys
just like the guys who want tons for a plapped out car but then they want to give nothing for what you have im more of a fair price i might start out high but that way i have wiggle room for what i want and everyone comes out feeling like they won i get close to what i actually want and the other person feels they got me talked down.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:13 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by dragonmaster093
i have wiggle room for what i want and everyone comes out feeling like they won i get close to what i actually want and the other person feels they got me talked down.
I hear ya Sam. Just like a good deal.

Definition of a good deal: When both parties think the other guy got screwed :lol:
Old 10-22-2010, 10:13 PM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

It's a bit early for "jingle balls", we ain't got Halloween, and Thanksgiving, over yet. :wink:
Old 10-23-2010, 05:06 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by dragonmaster093
all im saying is there is a dair price and then there are the other guys
just like the guys who want tons for a plapped out car but then they want to give nothing for what you have im more of a fair price i might start out high but that way i have wiggle room for what i want and everyone comes out feeling like they won i get close to what i actually want and the other person feels they got me talked down.
good points however nobody holds a gun to someones head and forces them to buy something. It is their choice to either pay the price, buy a repop, or walk away completely. There are people out there that will try and take advantage of you though. That's why you should never post that you are looking for a certain dated ,certain casting number block or trans etc.
Once someone knows you are building something date correct etc there are people that will jack the price up because they know you are more likely to pay.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:19 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

We purchase a lot of our tools, equipment etc at auction. if you are at an auction and are interested in an item, look over it , make sure it is what you want & without problems you can see......dont hover over it or show to much interest in it, in most cases you are being watched by the equipment owner or his shill. dont be the first one to bid it, be one of the last. sellers look for the guy with his tongue hanging out of his mouth with the gotta have it eyes. If you are that guy, you will be bidding against the owner. DONT CATCH AUCTION FEVER!!
Old 10-23-2010, 05:35 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
I don't think Brian was "snapping" at anyone or belittleing anyone etc etc.AND RUDY IN MY OPINION I do not think he or anyone else was questioning your integrity. I think he was just pointing out that original parts can be hard to find and if someone is restoring a car as original then they will pay what they need to to get the parts they need. Just my take on it I sorta think things got misunderstood by many,that's all.
your SPOT on tod74...I been on here (RJ) 8 years in April and i have seen it all, i know who starts Chit and Who don't.
with that said this Thread doesn't deserve anymore of my attention. its ricidiculous.

Rudy last thing i will say to you is this....i Thought we were cyber frineds ( or at least i was to you but i see you clear now)....i am good with it all ..i do not participate much..i just hang in the shadows cleaning up people's mess..but when i DO POST there is no ill intent involved toward anyone...My how the site has changed from the Old Days !!!...good ole USA of the "Offended".....lol

oh yeah.... someone go and ask "One bad GMC" where playing "Jingle the Admins Balls will get you ?"

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 10-23-2010, 05:56 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

"oh yeah.... someone go and ask "One bad GMC" where playing "Jingle the Admins Balls will get you ?"

I must have missed that one!! :lol:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 10-23-2010, 06:14 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by harbone66
"oh yeah.... someone go and ask "One bad GMC" where playing "Jingle the Admins Balls will get you ?"

I must have missed that one!! :lol:

where is he ?

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 10-23-2010, 08:24 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Later guys! I can be reached at the email below if you want to contact me.
[email protected]
Going to have a beer with scorp.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:46 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

I JUST CANT SEE WHERE ANYONE WOULD HAVE GOTTIN OFFENDED IN THE BEGINNING OF THIS THREAD THAT WOULD TOUCH OFF SUCH A PISSING MATCH. :? EVERYBODY SEEMS TO BE GETTING SO EDGY. TIME TO LIGHTIN UP A BIT.....GEEEEZ!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -