Chinese look a like Little-M block

Old 08-16-2009, 08:49 AM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
Originally Posted by OneBadGMC
Originally Posted by Tod74
I worked for a company that had some stuff made in CHINA then unboxed it, washed it in a hot tank, stamped the part number on it with a pin stamp and "USA" and repacked it.
You know that's illegal right? The owners of the business can be fined and jailed by the US government for doing that.
By the same governmant that's lying to us by telling me my TAXES WANT GO UP to pay for all these wounderfull stimulus ideas?! Sad, but you are right!
Well, you can blame the 'sheeple' wanting 'change' for that. They're getting change, just not change for the better.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:38 AM
FullTimeRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by Tod74
I worked for a company that had some stuff made in CHINA then unboxed it, washed it in a hot tank, stamped the part number on it with a pin stamp and "USA" and repacked it.
If you spend $40 to have a product made in china then ship it over.

then spend $60 to check it out repack and advertise it for sale at $150 ,It's made in the USA

I don't agree ,but thats what i read
Old 08-16-2009, 11:10 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

It's called Foreign Trade. I fully understand we need to do some foreign trade and I agree it's a small world and we all need to work together and help each other, but all this is part of what's gotten us in this mess to begin with. We need to take care of ourselves FIRST. I agree, buy American, but that doesn't have the same meaning it did 25 years ago. The only way you can buy or help America(s) is to support your local businesses. Eventhough not all of their products will be "mad in the USA" you are helping put food on their table by spending $ with them.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:59 AM
onegreatdealer
SHOW GUEST

Default Chinese look a like Little-M block

I agree too much is made in China, but that isn't the point here.

I disagree about the knockoff engine blocks from PBM. Currently I have 2 SBC's that I am using with these aftermarket blocks from PBM. My engine builder got them for me in a 4.155" bore. These were ready to assembled. Everything speced out perfect! These have proven to be a value beyond my expectations. I would be more interested in hearing the findings of an independent test. Even more surprising is the web page link listed isn't functioning? To anyone out there, I would use these blocks over again, and recommend them to anyone interested. I look forward to your comments.
:x :x
Old 08-17-2009, 08:06 AM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Chinese look a like Little-M block

Originally Posted by jpcomeaux

I disagree about the knockoff engine blocks from PBM. Currently I have 2 SBC's that I am using with these aftermarket blocks from PBM. My engine builder got them for me in a 4.155" bore. These were ready to assembled. Everything speced out perfect! These have proven to be a value beyond my expectations. I would be more interested in hearing the findings of an independent test. Even more surprising is the web page link listed isn't functioning? To anyone out there, I would use these blocks over again, and recommend them to anyone interested. I look forward to your comments.
How long have you had the blocks?
How many miles or full passes are on the motors they are being used with?
Have you pulled the motors down since building and if so, what did the mains and cylinder bores look like?
How big of a cam were you using?
What did the lifter bores look like?
How high are you RPM'ing the motor?

All important things to take into consideration to say the least. Just because you threw it together and it fired up doesn't mean it's not junk.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:12 AM
hink
EXPERT BUILDER

My new website is under constuction as the gentlmen that designed mine is going through a devorce at this time a is no longer doing websites at this time.

What machines did you verify lifter bore and cylinder bore and cam tunnel locations with and son't tell me a vernier and what did the block brinell test at??

By the end of the week I should have some good photos and some reports on demensions.

Believe me those blocks are sent to Florida and a shop their is engraving PBM on the caps and blocks adding a stud kit line hone and finished machined.

The one we have the oil galley hole is to low int the bore and is not even square with the main line and you can see that by eye!!

I am sure you sonic tested right????????????
Old 08-17-2009, 08:19 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hink

My new website is under constuction as the gentlmen that designed mine is going through a devorce at this time a is no longer doing websites at this time.

What machines did you verify lifter bore and cylinder bore and cam tunnel locations with and son't tell me a vernier and what did the block brinell test at??

By the end of the week I should have some good photos and some reports on demensions.

Believe me those blocks are sent to Florida and a shop their is engraving PBM on the caps and blocks adding a stud kit line hone and finished machined.

The one we have the oil galley hole is to low int the bore and is not even square with the main line and you can see that by eye!!

I am sure you sonic tested right????????????
Speced out perfect on a CMM????? or with a rule?
Old 08-17-2009, 08:25 AM
onegreatdealer
SHOW GUEST

Default Chinese look a like Little-M block

I got these blocks about 6 months ago. They are circle track 434ci engines. The first one has about 1000 laps or so on it and is running great. The second we build as a backup, and simply haven't had to use it. We had the pan off at about 800 laps, everything looked great. We change the oil and cut the filter every week. We simply haven't had any problems. Sounds like somebody doesn't like the new kid on the block.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:41 AM
hink
EXPERT BUILDER

I got these blocks about 6 months ago. They are circle track 434ci engines. The first one has about 1000 laps or so on it and is running great. The second we build as a backup, and simply haven't had to use it. We had the pan off at about 800 laps, everything looked great. We change the oil and cut the filter every week. We simply haven't had any problems. Sounds like somebody doesn't like the new kid on the block.
Don't you work for Wheeler or tied in with them and sell those blocks and of coarse you say they are the best blocks out their.

And I beleive its Wheeler that is machining the blocks for PBM Correct???
Old 08-17-2009, 09:00 AM
hink
EXPERT BUILDER

I just received call from a shop that has a PBM block and on some of the outter splayed bolt holes some of them go right into the water jacket. And they are going to send me this block for inspection to see for sure if they are the same castings or not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -