gas

Old 06-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by blittle
To many liberal a$$ kissers to what needs to be done. We might offend or hurt someones feelings! :evil: :x
It's all a bunch of tree hugg'n hippy crap anyways.

I have yet to make a pass this year...haven't had the extra money.The motor is back up running with brand new heads but for me to go to the track costs around $200 plus cause I have to pull an hour to get there plus all the normal expenses...gas for the generator, race gas, entry fee, ETC and I won't even mention the 4 or 5 barbeque sandwhiches I have to eat from the concession stand(mmm mm they are gooood.)
:lol:

I can't go to the closer tracks too easy ue to my work schedule...
Old 06-08-2008, 03:53 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

i hate to think whats coming but i really belive that the mad max, road warrior type of thing is in the making.when that movie came out i said dont laugh that could really happen. the whole damn world depends on oil. and my friends laughed at me.well i had a friend who remembered what i had said and he called the other day and said "im sorry ken, it aint so funny anymore".at first i didnt know what he was talking about. and he reminded me.i have started to entertain the idea of stockpiling can goods and ammo.my family will not go hungry.or be threatened with violence to get what little we have.if our goverment would have told them to keep it cheap or starve i belive that things might have been different.i know they have a right to charge what they want. but we alsohave the right to do what we want with our oil (food).its not just the arabs that affect oil prices, its also the spectulaters that set tomorrows price on oil. if a camel sneezes they figure that is going to cause problems and bam oil is higher the next day.bush dont have a damn thing to do with it. that media hype and people who have to blame someone.BUT i dont beleive hes doing much to help it either.we have to quit talking and start doing NOW.pick a course of action and go.im to old and crippled up to go and take the oil but if i could i would.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:55 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by blittle
One word guy's, HYDROGEN !

It's over 90% efficient versus the 30-40% of gas and diesel and it makes more power. Sounds like a solution to me, if we would put the money into researching it and not E-85.
There is a hydrogen research facility. It's at the Savannah River Site. if you've never heard of SRS it's in Jackson, Sc. Since the 1940’s it’s the place where plutonium and tritium are made for our nuclear bombs. Since the cold war “ended” it’s mainly a storage processing facility.
But, you can bet it’ll take a long time for them to make an alternative fuel source available to the public and cost us billions in research in the mean time.

There is no way possible for us to shut down our businesses or to not buy gas for a week, but there is something we could do. Think about this. For 1 week, do not buy any fuel or even a beer/ lottery ticket from 1 chosen fuel supplier. This week boycott Exxon, next week BP, the next Shell, etc. This way we don’t suffer but they do!!!
You stop buying for a week and I guarantee they will have to do something.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:09 AM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
shut this country down for 1 or 2 wks. dont buy gas. slowly build up a supply of food full tanks, etc. then every one stay at home. no work nothing.for atleast a week. KEEP YOUR MONEY IN YOUR POCKET. goverment would have to take action then.kinda like a modern boston tea party.but EVERYONE would have to stick together and do it so that aint gonna happen. but it does make me wonder what would happen if we did do it.

Holler at me!! Sounds like a good plan to me!!Man,I remember when gas hit $1.65 ,I about fell out!"I can't afford that!!"tsk..$1.65...I wish
Old 06-08-2008, 07:30 PM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

you know i remember when i would need only 50 cents of gas, now
its $3., to mow the grass, wow. and i forgot about "mad max" and
thats right, if you had gas, you had power, and others wanted
it, 2 things, get a good peddle bike and buy a horse :?
Old 06-08-2008, 09:22 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
[[b] Think about this. For 1 week, do not buy any fuel or even a beer/ lottery ticket from 1 chosen fuel supplier. .
Now, 4 dollars for a gallon of beer wouldn't be all that bad... :lol:
Old 06-08-2008, 11:57 PM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by signsbyesa
you know i remember when i would need only 50 cents of gas, now
its $3., to mow the grass, wow. and i forgot about "mad max" and
thats right, if you had gas, you had power, and others wanted
it, 2 things, get a good peddle bike and buy a horse :?
No offense intended signs, But I rode a horse, fron Missouri, to Baggs, Wy. when I was a young man. Now, a guy can road hunt from a pick-up, but most horses won't tolerate you setting off a 12 gauge next to their ear. :shock: JMO, I'd rather walk back to Baggs, than ride another horse out there. :lol: By the way, that horse got struck by lightning, and died near Ogallala, Neb. Freaked our dog out bad! He really liked that horse.
suicidebomb
Old 06-09-2008, 05:10 AM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

no offense but "big brown" might differ, ha ha. you reminded me
of 2 movies, "sgt. york, when lighting struck the mule and cracked
his shot gun in half, and "gus and woodro went thru ogallala and got
shot by indians" ha ha, but this guy that said he is a time traveler said
in the future after the nuke war, we would need a good shot gun and
a horse, check it out for your self :?
www.johntitor.com

i like the idea of not buying from dealers a week at a time, good for
me :wink:
Old 06-10-2008, 02:03 AM
beaker58
SHOW GUEST

Default Gas

I 've read all of the remarks everyone has written.Stockpiling food,preparing yourself for hardtimes.One thing everyone left out,you better think about arming yourself.What's happening now in Atlanta,people are stealing to feed their families.No gas,no work,no work,no money,no money,no car ,no home,no nothing.By the end of the year,people are going to become so desperate about taking care of their loved ones that they will take what you have.So if you have stock-piled anything,you had better be prepared to protect it.This is far from over.Oh you say it won't happen to you,and it might not,but the way things are going,are you willing to take that chance.I live 3 miles from my job,I can't afford to by gas to go in may car,and soon I won't be able to afford the car at all.I'm selling things I thought I would never sell,to pay my bills and to buy food.What happens when I can't?We all sat back in the 70's and watched movies like "Soylent Green" and others about over-population and didn't think about these kind of things coming to pass.Well guess what,it's closer than you think.There are a lot of people on this web-site,that make a lot more money than me,and that's great because that is what this country is about.Your freedon to do whatever you want to afford your freedom.But please,take the necessary precautions to protect it and your families.The government is not going to help you when it turns ugly.Nobody is,your on your own.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:00 AM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

thats right the gov. is not going to help, infact our tax money has
built nice shelters in the ground for the high officials only so they
can survive a disaster. but like I said, a shot gun and
a good horse is what it will come down to and please don't expect
the gov. to help you out of a situation, they'll make it worse. :?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -