cutting out bad under accelerating

Old 09-25-2011, 05:57 PM
chevynut38
SHOW GUEST

Default cutting out bad under accelerating

hi what i have is a 302 worked over with msd dist8582 and a msd big square coil the plugs are white except a couple are black changed jets its a demon 600 front are83 and rear are 74 has a holley aftermarket pump mounted in rear changed wafers an screen been running it all race season and have changed so much what i have noticed is it does idle nice and revving the engine has no hesitation but when ou go up to staging lanes do your burnout burns out strong when lauching and starting to ace down the track starts stubbling and cutting out very bad and just keeps getting worse its not making no sense any pointers or ideas greatly appreciate thanks
Old 09-25-2011, 08:02 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Fuel delivery problem, running the float bowls dry.

------
Old 09-26-2011, 03:08 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

You have 74 jets in the rear, are you running a power valve in the rear also? That is a pretty small jet. If you are running a power valve could you be uncovering it? Did it always do this? If not have you checked float level in the rear? Why would only a couple of plugs be black, bad wires or bad plugs? It might take a little more info on your part.

Curtis