BIG BRODIES???? WHAT DO YOU THINK??

Old 03-23-2008, 10:44 AM
cboggs
SENIOR BUILDER

Default too small

Those heads aren't even close for a 632", ..

the valve angle, chamber, portshape all make that a good head
for something 540" or smaller, .. but won't even come close
to hanging with current technology heads for big inch engines, ..

doubt you'd make close to 1000hp with them, .

Fully ported on my honest flow bench that head will flow about
430 cfm @ .9", .. FULLY ported with a 50* VJ, ..

I'm not really a fan of the Brodix oval ports unless you choose the largest
on they make, .. reason is the oval opening drives airspeed too
high, it's like using a head that's too small.

Curtis
Old 03-23-2008, 11:38 AM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Can you get air speed too high.I thought velocity was as or more important than cfm???Enlighten me,please.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:39 PM
jrthone
SENIOR BUILDER

With the Big Duke heads can i use my existing tall deck intake manifold my my original pistons.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:09 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by jrthone
With the Big Duke heads can i use my existing tall deck intake manifold my my original pistons.
No you can not

big dukes are a 18 degree head
Old 03-24-2008, 05:21 AM
Pwmax
MASTER BUILDER

The point was, he has these heads. He plans on running them. Everyone is so quick to junk what they have, to buy something else, when what they have will work, for what they are trying to do. Are those heads right for a 632, no, I already said that, IF your trying to make the most power possible, or go heads up racing. But, with a bit of work, will make a lot of power. How much power does he want, is the real question. If he says 1000 easy hp, then no, they won;t be right, and he would be better off with something else. If he shruggs his shoulders, and says, what ever it will make, then, they will work, and, he already has them. Not every guy on the planet is trying to be top dog. A mid 9 or low nine second bracket car, is a heck of a fun ride. That was my point. With the right cam, and compression, ported with decent, not all out port job, that combo could make 900hp. It would make brutal tq, which, could be an issue for traction, but otherwise, at 2700lbs, 900hp is easily enough to run way into the 8's. Is that fast enough?

Frank
Old 03-24-2008, 11:04 AM
jrthone
SENIOR BUILDER

Thanks mate that was my point.I have these heads and i wanna know how to make them work well and if they have worked well in the past.I know these are not the best heads to use for a 632 but thats all ive got to work with I am on a pretty tight budget being age 23 with a 632 Bracket car and no sponsers so every single doller that is used has to come out of my back pocket.Thanks for seeing my point.A mid to low nine will do me just fine and theres always going to be room to play with later on down the track.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:26 PM
jrthone
SENIOR BUILDER

How would BB-3's help me and how much better are they than BB-2's for the 632 if they were fully ported and flowed with the camber shapes changed.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:04 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by jrthone
How would BB-3's help me and how much better are they than BB-2's for the 632 if they were fully ported and flowed with the camber shapes changed.

IMO a lot we make over 1000hp with 565's and bb3 oval ports, 1050 on 582's
Old 03-24-2008, 08:15 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Pwmax
The point was, he has these heads. He plans on running them. Everyone is so quick to junk what they have, to buy something else, when what they have will work, for what they are trying to do. Are those heads right for a 632, no, I already said that, IF your trying to make the most power possible, or go heads up racing. But, with a bit of work, will make a lot of power. How much power does he want, is the real question. If he says 1000 easy hp, then no, they won;t be right, and he would be better off with something else. If he shruggs his shoulders, and says, what ever it will make, then, they will work, and, he already has them. Not every guy on the planet is trying to be top dog. A mid 9 or low nine second bracket car, is a heck of a fun ride. That was my point. With the right cam, and compression, ported with decent, not all out port job, that combo could make 900hp. It would make brutal tq, which, could be an issue for traction, but otherwise, at 2700lbs, 900hp is easily enough to run way into the 8's. Is that fast enough?

Frank
I said i was going to bail out on this thread, but FRANK, you did a better job of saying what i was trying to say. Thanks for making that post.

And jrthone
All the vehicles i mentioned run S/BLKS, and what ever your goal is it will be a fun run when it hit's the track.

Zip.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:12 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
Originally Posted by Pwmax

Frank
I said i was going to bail out on this thread, but FRANK, you did a better job of saying what i was trying to say. Thanks for making that post.

And jrthone
All the vehicles i mentioned run S/BLKS, and what ever your goal is it will be a fun run when it hit's the track.

Zip.
I wasnt trying to say they wont work I was trying to say they are no where near the head this motor should have...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -