Bracket Dragster - Restore or Money Pit?

Old 06-02-2022, 08:26 AM
robby1015
SHOW GUEST

Default Bracket Dragster - Restore or Money Pit?

Good morning,

Good morning,

I purchased a rear engine bracket dragster with S&W chassis from an estate sale. I know next to nothing about it and I'm trying to decide to restore it to race or sell it as is/part out.
The chassis tag reads:
S&W 94

I attached some pictures for your reference. Would like to know what modifications would be necessary to bring it up to current requirements for IHRA/NHRA competition. The cars is complete with drivetrain. The engine block part is cast iron and the number translates to a 454. I'm trying to understand if it is worth restoring or just part it out before I get started. Thank you so much in advance for your help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Chassis Tag.jpg (3.74 MB, 3 views)
Exterior 1.jpg (2.50 MB, 3 views)
Exterior 2.jpg (2.61 MB, 3 views)
Old 07-17-2022, 03:17 AM
sepmaret11
JOURNEYMAN

I'm from Europe and drag racing isn't very big here, but whenever I see American car shows like Road Kill it makes me wonder why people like drag racing. I don't see the appeal in cars with a lot of power and wide tires racing for 10 seconds on a straight road. When watching Japanese car shows like Best Motoring everything is exciting, complicated and refined. Why is it America likes NASCAR and drag racing better than F1 or Rally?

Last edited by sepmaret11; 07-17-2022 at 02:28 PM.
Old 09-03-2022, 03:33 AM
murrayjest
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

I see American car shows like Road Kill it makes me wonder why people like drag racing.

Last edited by Harbone; 10-08-2022 at 04:34 AM.