New Forum

Old 03-26-2014, 03:42 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by IBAdrian View Post
I have turned on Avatars for everyone. You can upload them here: http://www.racingjunk.com/forums/pro...?do=editavatar

Let me know if you have any issues with it.
Thanks for this link. I'm an idiot. I saw the edit profile pic and didn't even notice the avatar option. Was trying to put it in the wrong place. Sorry Swiley383 for the wrong info.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:25 AM
csx8506
SENIOR BUILDER

I agree 100% with BadFordFreak!!!!!!!!!!! It's like Obamacare, it needs repealing.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:28 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Cool

I am just happy to have my avatar back!!!

I like the new setup just takes some getting used to. There are a ton more things to do and options to choose when posting a thread.

What I would like to see is the ability to post up a video from youtube, all the othet forums I hang out on have that ability. When you post it is similiar to images but it uses [youtube]"youtube weblink"[/youtube] as the html. Just a suggestion to make the forum more interesting and fun.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 03-26-2014, 08:56 AM
IBAdrian
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by curtisreed View Post
Thanks for this link. I'm an idiot. I saw the edit profile pic and didn't even notice the avatar option. Was trying to put it in the wrong place. Sorry Swiley383 for the wrong info.
It was our fault actually, for some reason we missed the option to enable Avatars.

Originally Posted by Harbone View Post
I am just happy to have my avatar back!!!

I like the new setup just takes some getting used to. There are a ton more things to do and options to choose when posting a thread.

What I would like to see is the ability to post up a video from youtube, all the othet forums I hang out on have that ability. When you post it is similiar to images but it uses [youtube]"youtube weblink"[/youtube] as the html. Just a suggestion to make the forum more interesting and fun.
I've enabled Video tags.
These can either be used by typing in
Code:
 [ VIDEO ] [ / VIDEO ]
(ignore spaces)
around the video link. Or by using the button in the advanced editor - see screenshot:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17[/ATTACH]

I'd welcome any more feedback as to how we can make the forum better, we will try our best to implement it. I understand that its a big change, we did a big upgrade to the forum software, so that it can do a lot more and tried to make the look and feel closer to the actual classified site.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
RJeditor.jpg (10.6 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by IBAdrian; 03-26-2014 at 09:01 AM.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:46 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Wink

Originally Posted by IBAdrian View Post
It was our fault actually, for some reason we missed the option to enable Avatars.

I've enabled Video tags.
These can either be used by typing in
Code:
 [ VIDEO ] [ / VIDEO ]
(ignore spaces)
around the video link. Or by using the button in the advanced editor - see screenshot:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17[/ATTACH]

I'd welcome any more feedback as to how we can make the forum better, we will try our best to implement it. I understand that its a big change, we did a big upgrade to the forum software, so that it can do a lot more and tried to make the look and feel closer to the actual classified site.

That is AWESOME!!

I invite you to take a second to introduce yourself everyone on the forum when you have time. This isnt the biggest forum out there but we have a pretty tight group of guys that have been on here many years. A few of them are a little old and crusty so they may need a extra helping hand dealing with the new setup...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 03-26-2014, 12:30 PM
IBAdrian
APPRENTICE

Thanks Chris, I found the thread to do that
Old 04-02-2014, 02:51 PM
jtortorete
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Working for me. I am sure as i go i will run into something.

"don't worry be happy"
Old 04-12-2014, 09:50 AM
ajk
DYNO OPERATOR

OK, the new stadium is built, how do you fill it now? I am not a tech guy and never had a problem with the old setup. What ever the reason for the upgrade is I don't know, or need to know, just seems to me that 12 guys now have a new site, how can we improve the numbers that use it? Love the new audio pop up ads!
Old 04-26-2014, 07:57 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Am I here?
Old 04-27-2014, 07:22 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Yup....your here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -