Longest stroke in a Merlin block

Old 10-21-2011, 05:22 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by michael1
That article is the reason that my cam has the specs that is has. APD did alot of testing with the 18* stuff.
Most dont bieleve this when I tell them but I'll pass it along. I have a racing buddy I travel with often, lives about 2hrs from me (4 from APD) and always used a local shop who always seemed to be pretty decent with making power. They freshened his 565 big duke engine on alky and told them a cam change was needed to make more power so they did. We went to bowling green for the March tenn tuck race and this thing missed something awful in the burnout box, but was clean going down the track for the first 2 days, 3rd day it missed at the shift. They did a compression check and it was out of site, so I sent them to APD. They installed the engine on the their dyno, it made 965hp. They figured out quick the cam that was put in there was not correct, installed their custom grind and it made 1120hp The power of knowledge fixed that thing before it broke something major. I came up zero when looking for that article, I'll have to ask one of them to put it back on the web site.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:30 PM
coloradoracerguy
SENIOR BUILDER

I'd like a link or copy of the article too if you can find it or let me know when they put it back up.

Thanks
Old 11-20-2011, 05:33 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

http://www.dragraceresults.com/article.cfm?id=2455

took me awhile but there it is ... great article IMO