street outlaws show?

Old 06-14-2013, 06:15 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
Bone 10.25 in a heavy 84 camaro is getting it.

Swiley you like me most 1/8th mile stuff round here. 7.30's is very respectable.

Brick 13's in a VW is OFF THE CHAIN MAN !!!!!!!!!
That car was square tubed from the stock k-member back, all lexan windows and stripped inside. Did not weigh much. It was really geared for 1/8th mile so when I did run the 1/4 it was running out of juice and rear end gear in the traps. It did run a 6.38 in the 1/8th once and then they sent me home cause the car wasnt certified.

Did I mention it was baby blue?

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 06-14-2013, 08:52 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Harbone
Originally Posted by bjuice
Bone 10.25 in a heavy 84 camaro is getting it.

Swiley you like me most 1/8th mile stuff round here. 7.30's is very respectable.

Brick 13's in a VW is OFF THE CHAIN MAN !!!!!!!!!
That car was square tubed from the stock k-member back, all lexan windows and stripped inside. Did not weigh much. It was really geared for 1/8th mile so when I did run the 1/4 it was running out of juice and rear end gear in the traps. It did run a 6.38 in the 1/8th once and then they sent me home cause the car wasnt certified.

Did I mention it was baby blue?

Ok that adds up..these year camaros are pigs on the scale stock. .. You were in the ballpark with the 6.38 et 1/8th - 10.25 1/4. I only run the 1/4 handful of times..like you I was geared for 1/8....I would run consistant low 6 teens.. Might have run a .05 at one time. anyhow same car same gear Went a 9.92 @ 137mph in 1/4.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 06-16-2013, 01:26 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Been 8.99 once and a bunch of 9.0's. It takes a bunch more either cu in or juice to go 8.0's.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:16 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Ok I just watched last 10 minutes of episode. I am calling BULLCHIT on a number of things I saw on THIS show...For #1 its on a shut down road and a ton of rubber laid down on the 60 ft ,wouldn't be surprised if VHT was used.if I saw right I think I saw a 60 ft timer light. Now don't know how many if you street raced in past but I came from this type racing late 70' and 80's..and I can tell you WITHOUT a doubt this ain't NOWHERE close to real street racing...AT NO time was a real street race even close to that.. Those are race cars on a prepped surface....I have NO problem saying I could round up a few local 10.5 Outlaw carsthat will cut their a$$. I will watch the midnight show to make sure I didn't miss anything but so far its a long way from a street car in a REAL STREET RACE. ...Nothing even close to a 4 second pass that I saw.. A real OUTLAW 10 tire car would eat their lunch !!!!

Old 06-17-2013, 07:21 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I can't stand to watch ANY of the 'CAR' reality shows. There is so much BS and focus on the drama queens. No real MEAT/INFORMATION/KNOWLEDGE !
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 06-18-2013, 04:27 AM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

mofo's got trucks/ trailers... diesel pushers/trailers... parked all over the side of the "road" and didnt he say it was RT66? looks like an old airport runway or something. what about chuck getting off with a warning.... omg are you kidding me.... lol i dont understand the betting either..... $400 dollars..... really? i wouldnt even fire my car up for that.... plus it sure wont cover my bail money either!!
Old 06-18-2013, 04:34 AM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

you cant even get the attention of the street/grudge racers around here unless you putting up 2k dollars or higher... i seen one race that was 10k but they did that one at the local track cause timing lights dont lie and id think someone would of ended up getting shot over 10k.... lol
Old 06-18-2013, 05:01 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

I watched it again at Mid night. Fell asleep before it ended. . Nahhhh I didn't miss anything the show before. ITS NOT STREET RACING OR STREET CARS AND FAR FROM OUTLAW CARS.

Most of the stuff I saw was high 6 second stuff in 1/8th low 7 sec.maybe a low 6 second car possible very high 5 second car I saw in the start of the show credits and those cars looked like the film snippet was from a track .... I am being VERY generous.

The only thing I saw that was close to street racing was the Flagman
He is not to smart my Outlaw Nova runs the 60 ft in 1.10 seconds. Flagman could not even react to get out of the way in that time frame. The 3,000 lb car is already running close to 75/80 mph at that point ( Guns Blazing)

Fastest outlaw car in the country ???? hmmmmmm wonder where my Nova would fit in ? LOL

Old 06-18-2013, 10:17 AM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

I had the same thought about a closed road did not think about a old airport but it makes sences. The tow rigs seem like a dead giveaway that somthing is going on all the police would have to do is follow them in a unmarked car and wait.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:52 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

I have a few friends that have real trim street cars that will roll up with DOTs thru the mufflers and give them all they want. If some of you old timers on the forum remembers
My street trim,tag titled and insured 67 camaro. STREET DRIVEN. had a car seat in it ay the time. I posted a vid on RJ when I ran the 5.99et @ 116 mph. I Still have the Vid. I will find and repost

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -