Gutted the interior

Old 08-22-2012, 07:35 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Outlaw if I could find a super clean set of old school Cragars I would slap them on. I love that look!!!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 09-01-2012, 03:41 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

well what size do ya need? i run up on them once in awhile. i can keep my eyes out fer ya. i bought a set of 15 x 4 cragers awhile back gave 75 for them. was gonna have them re chromed but when i priced them they all told me atleast 180-200 a peice. hell i can buy brand spankin new 15 x 4.5 for 172. lol so we blasted them sent them out and had them powdercoated chrome. nosw they look like aluminum wheels and thats just the way we planned it.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:35 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Default Epic Failure...

Took the Camaro out yesterday to a cruise in at the local aviation museum. Just before we arrived my tranny started acting weird, like the converter was grabbing and letting go. Left the cruise and got bout 5 miles before everything went to crap. Left a stop light and then there was nothing, tranny was no longer working, saw a puddle of fluid after I stopped. Popped the hood and saw that the trans dipstick tube was flopping around, it had came off the bracket thus letting a bunch of trans fluid pour out where it goes in the tranny. Called my roadside assistance and hauled her home.

Called it a day and took the wife out to see a local band last night, had a blast and my ears are still ringing!
Popped the hood this morning and pulled out the trans dipstick, cheaps ass aftermarket unit with 3 spot welds holding the bracket on.

Figure I got lucky, just ordered a new Lokar Dipstick, put some fesh fluid in and good to go!
So I drain the fluid just to make sure there was no metal floating around, fluid looked good but while I am under the car I start looking around and then I saw it, staring at me...

Drivers side, starting at the edge of the bellhousing case and goes all the way to the top, toast, wasted, epic fail!

So shes heading to Performance Trans in Clinton Illinois next week. I hated the 3500 rpm stall on the street anyways so looking at a 2000-2200 stall thats more street friendly. Hopefully they can salvage most of my internal parts and just put them all in a new trans case.

Old 09-23-2012, 04:34 PM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

Bone you got that thing on solid mounts? I would like to know why and how it happen. I havnt seen a trans brake like that on to many street driven cars. I have seen guys at the track brake like that from having solid mounts on the engine and the trans with alot of chassi flex.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:59 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by wazup
Bone you got that thing on solid mounts? I would like to know why and how it happen. I havnt seen a trans brake like that on to many street driven cars. I have seen guys at the track brake like that from having solid mounts on the engine and the trans with alot of chassi flex.

It does have solid motor mounts. Not much chassis flex with the subframe connectors and solid body mounts though but the trans mount is poly. Its about a 500 hp motor and I have never had it to the track. Previous owner did but I put almost 2000 miles on her this year and have yet to really stand on it. Hopefully the trans shop will have some answers once they tear it down.

Old 09-23-2012, 05:11 PM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

Sounds like its mount up right. I have seen them brake like that with solid mounts on motor and trans with alot of chassi flex. I wish you good luck and hope you find what happen.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:13 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I need to check the trans mount and make sure maybe it didnt break or seperate. I was so frustrated when I saw the crack in the trans that I just lowered the jack, threw the car cover on and said "f#ck it"! :evil:

Old 09-25-2012, 03:29 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Yep... regroup when ready to face the bad news. That is a good size crack!!
Old 09-25-2012, 04:55 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

A Cracked Crackers Cracked Crackerbox !
I CRACK myself UP !!!
Old 09-25-2012, 05:24 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

That just sucks. Good luck Harbone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -