V8 S-10 GETS HOT

Old 07-04-2011, 05:26 AM
nan
JOURNEYMAN

Default V8 S-10 GETS HOT

I changed motors in my s10, old motor was an 350 oil drinker but never got hot. New motor is a used 1993 350 TBI changed to carb, same radiator etc. but had to use a smaller fan for clearence reasons to use the serpentine belt system. It runs fine but once it hits the 195 (thermostat) it keeps climbing untill the factory guage reads hot but it doesn't boil over and I have a temp gun and its 210 at the thermostat. It fills the overflow up every time. Could the plastic fan be too small? Head gasket?? Any one have this issue with a swap before? :shock:
Old 07-04-2011, 06:56 AM
ultimatewarrior1
APPRENTICE

Default Re: V8 S-10 GETS HOT

Originally Posted by nan
I changed motors in my s10, old motor was an 350 oil drinker but never got hot. New motor is a used 1993 350 TBI changed to carb, same radiator etc. but had to use a smaller fan for clearence reasons to use the serpentine belt system. It runs fine but once it hits the 195 (thermostat) it keeps climbing untill the factory guage reads hot but it doesn't boil over and I have a temp gun and its 210 at the thermostat. It fills the overflow up every time. Could the plastic fan be too small? Head gasket?? Any one have this issue with a swap before? :shock:
do you have room for dual fans in front of the radiator??might want try that should work for you.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:31 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

tbi uses a reverse rotation fan and water pump.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:15 PM
nan
JOURNEYMAN

Default hot 350

It was the fan!!!!